Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Norman said:

He says quoting a bloke on the Internet with no stats to back up what he's saying. 

I don't think it is controversial to say most doctors are concerned about the coronavirus. Or are you so far down the rabbit hole you're questioning the validity of those claims? 

Just now, ariotofmyown said:

I remember a long time ago you wouldn't give me any links to evil things you claimed Hillary Clinton had done. Then I read about QAnon and the penny dropped.

You are accusing me of being a far-right conspiracy theorist. 

6 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I don't think it is controversial to say most doctors are concerned about the coronavirus. Or are you so far down the rabbit hole you're questioning the validity of those claims? 

Is it controversial for a poster to try and make out I'm a far-right conspiracy theorist for posting stats and facts?

2 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

"People have relaxed too much, now is the time for us to re-engage, and to realise that this a continuing threat to us," Prof Van Tam said (2 weeks ago)

And I don't disagree. 

I disagree that due to people's attitudes we have to go back to more restrictions. Especially those of us healthy and under 45.

But you wouldn't know that, because you read and twist what you want to. 

4 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Not sure why you are blaming the government for this to be honest ?

Maybe because back in April we were told we could defeat this virus in 12 weeks.

6 months on there is absolutely no sign of defeating the virus, the economy is trashed and now being warned of new restrictions for a further 6 months.

Not saying I blame the Government for all of this but I can understand why many would.

37 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I don't think QAnon is exclusively far right. Seems to be attracting all sorts. 

'QAnon is a far-right conspiracy theory alleging that a cabal of Satan-worshiping pedophiles running a global child sex-trafficking ring is plotting against President Donald Trump, who is battling them, leading to a "day of reckoning" involving the mass arrest of journalists and politicians' 

But hey, I don't like the way Clinton acted towards those accusing Bill of rape, or how she acted during the Lewinski scandal, or the comments she made during her election speeches, or some of her voting past. And then tried to play the morale high ground. Feminism, women's rights etc. Whilst accusing Trump of many things her husband was accused of. 

2 minutes ago, Norman said:

When not sipping, yeah. Or eating. 

So sat with a mask, pulling it down for a sup then pulling it back up? 

Not sure how they will police that with shops mostly reluctant to challenge people on wearing one.

Can’t see Mr Weatherspoon asking staff to go on mask patrol 

7 minutes ago, David said:

Been out all day, only seen the brief news, just to clarify, they now want us to wear masks in pubs as well? 

Yes, but not when robbing banks apparently!?!? It’s so confusing 

16 minutes ago, David said:

Not sure how they will police that with shops mostly reluctant to challenge people on wearing one.

read the rules and stop scoring political points,  jesus.....you claim no political point scoring,  you contradict yourself so often 

51 minutes ago, Norman said:

And I don't disagree. 

I disagree that due to people's attitudes we have to go back to more restrictions. Especially those of us healthy and under 45.

But you wouldn't know that, because you read and twist what you want to. 

The PM says it is not a realistic option to "simply lock up the elderly and the vulnerable". That's because the virus would still "rip through" the rest of the population and get to these groups "in much greater numbers".

18 minutes ago, David said:

It won't that's the obvious answer. 

1 minute ago, GboroRam said:

The PM says it is not a realistic option to "simply lock up the elderly and the vulnerable". That's because the virus would still "rip through" the rest of the population and get to these groups "in much greater numbers".

That's fine. If that's what the scientific evidence points to.

Can you respond to the post accusing me of being a far-right conspiracist? 

3 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

read the rules and stop scoring political points,  jesus.....you claim no political point scoring,  you contradict yourself so often 

Pardon? How on earth have you seen that as political point scoring, I’ve read the Sky News bullet points that’s it.

Archived