Six Nations 2020

WhiteHorseRam

1 hour ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

I think the changes in the backs are forced really with Nowell and Watson injured and Manu was always going to start if fit. Heinz was poor in his last outing so much as it frustrates me, Youngs seems the best of an average lot right now.

More concerning as you alluded to is Curry at 8. Curry and Underhill make a fearsome flanker partnership and were for me, the biggest English success story at the RWC. If we are going to ignore Mercer, Morgan. Armand, Wilson and co then surely it makes more sense to reverse Lawes and Curry.

Heyho, Eddie's forgotten more than I'll ever know about the game but it does seem to nullify a good deal of Curry's assets playing him at the base of the scrum. As it stands, I take the team selection to indicate we are going to try and 'arm wrestle' the Irish which I'd have thought is exactly what they'd like us to do. 

Yep. I'm not expecting much in the way of free flowing rugby.

Weathers pretty crap dahn sahf anorl....

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The less said about the game in Rome the better. A win but thats about it. 

Wales v France was 6 nations at its best. Well played France for standing up with 14 men twice in the match. 

From a selfish point of view I hope England horse Wales next week so that tickets for the last game in Cardiff become easier to get. 

Tomorrow should be a belter. 

On 21/02/2020 at 20:44, Van der MoodHoover said:

Whereabouts mate?

South Hampshire copping it this evening already ?

Oxford mate. Weather forecast greatly exaggerated! Bit blowy last night but not too bad today.

5 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

The less said about the game in Rome the better. A win but thats about it. 

Wales v France was 6 nations at its best. Well played France for standing up with 14 men twice in the match. 

From a selfish point of view I hope England horse Wales next week so that tickets for the last game in Cardiff become easier to get. 

Tomorrow should be a belter. 

Wales - France game a belter though I do wish AWJ and Biggar would stop trying to ref the game. Not mad about fans booing the kicker, nor the post-game shenanigans either but the French won't care. On they march. Had a few quid on them after the England game and immediately regretted it after their performance against Italy but that was much more like it today.

As for the Scotland game, given the good conditions it was not terribly easy on the eye, but it was a must win game, especially for Townsend IMO, so it's a platform to work from at least.

Big game for both sides tomorrow. Lose and England's tournament is over and with it, Jones' time in charge, one suspects. Win it and it's game on but we'll still need the French to slip up to have a chance at topping the table. France are rightly clear favourites now, though one suspects there might be a twist or two yet before all's said and done and I'm not writing off Ireland yet by any means. 

17 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Good start by England today. 

Until itoje made the schoolboy error of catching a knock on.

Amazing how often you see that error. 

It's an annoying one but when you're playing it's almost impossible to stop yourself doing it. Makes you look a proper spoon ?

11 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Easy one to forgive. Not as boneheaded as Kruis who seems to give a penalty away every time he goes into a ruck.

Yeah, the one criticism of our best 40 mins in the tournament thus far is the pen count is still high. To be fair to Kruis I think one or even two of the Irish lads might have seen a yellow for their 'work' at the breakdown but can't really grumble at a 17 point lead. Night and day from our earlier performances thank god! 

33 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Yeah, the one criticism of our best 40 mins in the tournament thus far is the pen count is still high. To be fair to Kruis I think one or even two of the Irish lads might have seen a yellow for their 'work' at the breakdown but can't really grumble at a 17 point lead. Night and day from our earlier performances thank god! 

But on the cheery upside it looks like we did some work on the scrum since that French ref let the saffers do what they wanted in Yokohama. ?

7 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

But on the cheery upside it looks like we did some work on the scrum since that French ref let the saffers do what they wanted in Yokohama. ?

You had to bring that up, didn't ya!! I'm still sulking about it now! ?

Isn't it amazing how often Cowan-Dickie scores from rolling mauls. He's like an NFL special teams player in that regard. His record is freakish.

Just now, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

You had to bring that up, didn't ya!! I'm still sulking about it now! ?

Isn't it amazing how often Cowan-Dickie scores from rolling mauls. He's like an NFL special teams player in that regard. His record is freakish.

My sausaging board of directors are 3 saffers and they haven't shut up about it yet.....?

5 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

My sausaging board of directors are 3 saffers and they haven't shut up about it yet.....?

I've spent a few years over in Jo'burg and Cape Town and have lots of Bokkie mates who seemingy revel in my misery. Pain the in the arse, they are. Worst winners in the world ?

• 2 weeks later...

The old France turned up at Murrayfield today and we got the bounce of the ball for once. 

Managed to get tickets for Cardiff next week, but wouldnt be surprised to see it called off or played behind closed doors. 

As for yesterday's game, I thought the red card was correct. England's power play is just too good for the rest of the home nations at the moment. 

22 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

The old France turned up at Murrayfield today and we got the bounce of the ball for once. 

Managed to get tickets for Cardiff next week, but wouldnt be surprised to see it called off or played behind closed doors. 

As for yesterday's game, I thought the red card was correct. England's power play is just too good for the rest of the home nations at the moment. 

Still need more variety. Although to be fair, Ben Youngs looked sharper than I've seen him for a while and was actually running a bit.

Scotland remain an enigma but Hogg is wonderful running with the ball. 

• 2 weeks later...

France have to be the most frustrating sports team on the planet. Bar none. No team I've ever seen so consistently undoes any good they do. The exact same idiocy that we saw at the RWC. Will they ever learn. As a player when these things happen you pat a man's shoulder and tell him 'hard lines pal' but with what was at stake I bet a few were seething underneath the veneer of sympathy. I would be!

Right on cue, the French actually looked more dangerous a man down but kudos to the Scots who were clinical and utterly ruthless. The French opened the door an inch and they literally smashed it down. Had a sneaky feeling they'd graft a win but really didn't see that coming! 

Archived