The Politics Thread 2020

6 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

The last 10 tweets or so here are mindblowing. Imagine those thugs who showed up in London last week went to the Tory Party conference, all tooled up to act as protection! Oh, and the Tory party arranged an indoor conference during a pandemic with increasing infection numbers!

https://mobile.twitter.com/oliverlaughland

Thinking about this further, an actual civil war doesn't seem unthinkable. If Trump loses the election, especially if it's close, all hell could break loose.

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Thinking about this further, an actual civil war doesn't seem unthinkable. If Trump loses the election, especially if it's close, all hell could break loose.

Not a coincidence, one suspects, that against a backdrop of BLM protests, Trump holds a rally at the scene of the worst racially motivated atrocity in US history and encourages his Trumptard fanboys to come armed to the teeth.

One might be forgiven for thinking he actually wants a civil war. Let's face it, it's the only way he can duck up the US any more than he already has, so it's gotta be on his bucket list.

8 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Did you, @Uptherams or  @Andicis even read the article you posted or were you all in such a ducking hurry to post some self-righteous BS about the BLM protest that you couldn't even be bothered?

This was a terrorist attack by a Libyan who is said to have attacked up to 12 people, three of whom are dead.  It had absolutely duck all to do with what was a perfectly peaceful protest much like the vast majority of those held outside London have been. 

Apart from making yourselves look like complete fools, it's also pretty clear on what side of the fence you lot stand ?

I posted it as it was breaking news. Apologies I’ll ask you 1st next time before I post anything on this forum. 

8 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Did you, @Uptherams or  @Andicis even read the article you posted or were you all in such a ducking hurry to post some self-righteous BS about the BLM protest that you couldn't even be bothered?

This was a terrorist attack by a Libyan who is said to have attacked up to 12 people, three of whom are dead.  It had absolutely duck all to do with what was a perfectly peaceful protest much like the vast majority of those held outside London have been. 

Apart from making yourselves look like complete fools, it's also pretty clear on what side of the fence you lot stand ?

You r jumping the gun a bit too , the reports say not terror linked yet either ,still being investigated 

15 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Texas, you'd be the first to shout if the tables were turned. 

What tables ?  I’m a little lost with your post and the other fellas to be honest. I posted a breaking news story ??‍♂️ Is that also not allowed anymore? 

3 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

What tables ?  I’m a little lost with your post and the other fellas to be honest. I posted a breaking news story ??‍♂️ Is that also not allowed anymore? 

Summation:

You posted something and didn't read it 

You got called out over it

You sarcastically said you'd ask permission to post in future

3 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Summation:

You posted something and didn't read it 

You got called out over it

You sarcastically said you'd ask permission to post in future

I posted a breaking news story which I read and quoted “how sad” as people died, I believed it to be sad. So please explain, been called out for what? 

1 minute ago, TexasRam said:

I posted a breaking news story which I read and quoted “how sad” as people died, I believed it to be sad. So please explain, been called out for what? 

You also posted that these demos are never peaceful. You're now doing a reverse ferret to say that you never implied it was the protesters that caused the deaths. Quick! Backpedal faster! ?

2 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

You also posted that these demos are never peaceful. You're now doing a reverse ferret to say that you never implied it was the protesters that caused the deaths. Quick! Backpedal faster! ?

The protests generally aren’t peaceful, fact. I stand by that, and originally yes I thought it may be related to the protests and protesters so no back peddling. But I posted a breaking news story, that’s it. So if you and the other guy need a lift down from your high horse let me know. 

17 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

The protests generally aren’t peaceful, fact. I stand by that, and originally yes I thought it may be related to the protests and protesters so no back peddling. But I posted a breaking news story, that’s it. So if you and the other guy need a lift down from your high horse let me know. 

Keep going, you might just convince yourself ?

Sith Happens

I see Donald has come up with a great plan to reduce the numbers being diagnosed with covid 19, test less people. 

easy really. 

12 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I see Donald has come up with a great plan to reduce the numbers being diagnosed with covid 19, test less people. 

easy really. 

His next move will be to explain the 'excess deaths' numbers away by saying that they have been 'raptured', thus securing the Christian right vote again.

Sith Happens

Seems the incident in Reading has been declared a terrorist incident now, very sad, normal people doing normal things and don't make it home alive because of an awful human being. 

So sad.

4 hours ago, TexasRam said:

giphy.gif

58 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/53122445

Top man, motorsport,  certainly F1 and Motogp had never seemed to be very diverse for some reason. 

Luther Blissett been doing it for years and helping all young people because all lives matter not because it has suddenly become fashionable 

https://www.autosport.com/btcc/news/65635/football-stars-set-up-team-48

https://www.enfieldindependent.co.uk/news/9722315.barnet-and-southgate-college-students-helping-football-star-luther-blissett-in-motor-racing-bid/

12 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

They will be riots in the streets if Trump wins guaranteed 

Archived