The Politics Thread 2020

G STAR RAM

Sith Happens
14 minutes ago, Eddie said:

BLM protesters peaceful, right-wingers not so much. 

No further comment from me.

scumbags, just after a dust up, its people like them that are the reason people feel they have to protest in the first place. 

Sad times. 

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, Eddie said:

BLM protesters peaceful, right-wingers not so much. 

No further comment from me.

You didn't make a comment. You proffered a false equivalence, filtered through your own bias.

BLM is negative influence based around a laudable idea. Some bad apples in there. 'Right wingers'? Who is that? Skinhead with swastikas tattooed on their foreheads? Yeah, they're Bamfords. Normal people who happen to like Winston Churchill? Pretty peaceful, as a rule.

Just now, Eddie said:

Yes.

They're called 'Liberal Democrats'.

Oh right, I’ll pass then. Is there it another one? 

4 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

The left are tossers, the right are tossers. Is there not a gang in the middle I can join ??‍♂️

It's only the extremes of either side that are hand jivers mate! Much as I don't agree with a lot of right wing policies, even I'd be stretched to label all of the right 'tossers'. I don't even think those idiots are political anyway. I think they just like beer, sniff and mindless violence.

1 minute ago, Needlesh said:

You didn't make a comment. You proffered a false equivalence, filtered through your own bias.

BLM is negative influence based around a laudable idea. Some bad apples in there. 'Right wingers'? Who is that? Skinhead with swastikas tattooed on their foreheads? Yeah, they're Bamfords. Normal people who happen to like Winston Churchill? Pretty peaceful, as a rule.

1 minute ago, cstand said:

Was the BLM peaceful last week?

The whataboutism is strong with this pair, Obi-Wan

9 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

The left are tossers, the right are tossers. Is there not a gang in the middle I can join ??‍♂️

Unfortunately in all this the voices of people who want to bring both sides together are never heard or ridiculed. 

Just now, Eddie said:

Green?

Nah too soft, anyone else? I just want music, clothes, beer and football is there not one for that?

1 minute ago, cstand said:

Unfortunately in all this the voices of people who want to bring both sides together are never heard or ridiculed. 

Amen to that @C-stand

17 minutes ago, cstand said:

What about bringing people together accepting both sides have done wrong?

The howls of protest on here from the brave patriots last week rumbled on for several days.

Not a peep from them about today. 

4 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Strike me as an intelligent bloke...what's so incomparable? 

If I was a policeman today I would be incredibly careful, knowing every action is being filmed and criticised by armchair handbag clutchers. Which is why all those in the US said they wouldn't be volunteering again. 

Armchair handbag clutches........brilliant watching videos of Cisse and Ada now

Spot the difference:

Thousands and thousands of protestors attend BLM protests all over the country and a few of them are vandals/idiots who cause trouble.

A few counter protestors go down to central London and there seems to be more trouble than all the BLM protests put together.

Who would have thought it, eh?

5 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Spot the difference:

Thousands and thousands of protestors attend BLM protests all over the country and a few of them are vandals/idiots who cause trouble.

A few counter protestors go down to central London and there seems to be more trouble than all the BLM protests put together.

Who would have thought it, eh?

What did the BLM protesters do last week?

7 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

With respect, quite a lot of us have been waiting for quite a while for the 52% to offer an olive branch, so forgive me if this sounds a bit hollow.

But at least it was a proper debate and a democratic vote happened which should be implemented, today is about who can shout loudest in the streets. 

Archived