Could Bogle be our new winger?

RamLad1884

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

We saw Cocu trial Bogle playing in front of Wisdom today towards the end of the game. Can't say they had long enough to really see how well it worked today. 

Generally we all seem to agree we need a new winger, could Bogle be the solution? 

Needs to work on his end product but has the skill, speed and confidence to play that position. 

I think this is more of a response to Prestons play. They kept switching sides by hitting the ball long to both wings and their left side was more dangerous with their delivery. It seems we were trying to make sure we were double-y defensive against their left side as their right side weren't very good on the ball.

1 hour ago, RamLad1884 said:

Generally we all seem to agree we need a new winger, could Bogle be the solution? 

No. His final ball is still in need of improvement and we haven’t got another overlapping RB 

P.s two wingers ideally.

No, basically. Don’t think Cocu was trialling it as anything long term, was just a defensive change to hold on to the lead. That was the one criticism I had today actually, felt a bit Nigel Clough subbing the striker off for a defender when 1-0 up - and it served to put us under even more pressure late on as we sat deeper and deeper. With our defence, playing to hold onto 1-0 leads is not the best plan imo.

But back to the point at hand - Bogle is a right back, or a right wing back in a 3 at the back system. That’s it. He shouldn’t be playing anywhere else, such as on the wing, unless it really is an injury crisis. We should be signing a natural winger in January who can improve the team, simple as for me.

12 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

No, basically. Don’t think Cocu was trialling it as anything long term, was just a defensive change to hold on to the lead. That was the one criticism I had today actually, felt a bit Nigel Clough subbing the striker off for a defender when 1-0 up - and it served to put us under even more pressure late on as we sat deeper and deeper. With our defence, playing to hold onto 1-0 leads is not the best plan imo.

Historically, I agree 100% .

... but there's a teeny weeny part of me that does just wonder whether yesterday was the first day of the future.  Let's face it, it did work, and we did hold on to that 1-0 lead.

#timewilltell

Just now, Mucker1884 said:

Historically, I agree 100% .

... but there's a teeny weeny part of me that does just wonder whether yesterday was the first day of the future.  Let's face it, it did work, and we did hold on to that 1-0 lead.

#timewilltell

Honestly didn’t think we were gonna see it out until the ref blew his final whistle, but maybe that’s just me being a pessimist! In fairness, we did a decent job yesterday as Preston didn’t really trouble us much in open play. Hopefully we’ll establish a defence soon that can get an away clean sheet as well!

12 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Honestly didn’t think we were gonna see it out until the ref blew his final whistle, but maybe that’s just me being a pessimist! In fairness, we did a decent job yesterday as Preston didn’t really trouble us much in open play. Hopefully we’ll establish a defence soon that can get an away clean sheet as well!

When this sort of approach happens, I'm normally the first to slouch back in my seat and utter "Well, we all know how this is going to end"!

I didn't feel as "threatened" or nervous yesterday... but I have absolutely no idea if that was due to what I was watching on the pitch, or simply that the  past 44 years have finally ground me down!  ?

Archived