Derby's club shop

Owd miner

I went in on Friday .... it ain't very good is it .. I wa in fer 5 mins and straight back out wi mi money in mi pocket .. the choice of say things like polo shirts is dire in fact they dint have any  .. it is ok if ya want ta dress like a full kit wa**** but I just wanted a plain polo wi ram on it ta wear wi Jean's darn welfare .. they need ta replace the buyer as me and Hilda think they are missing out a treat ..what's tha reckon 

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Full kit wa****"!

That's the first time I've LOL'd at one of your phrases!

Have to agree though.  Was also in there on Friday, and grabbed a retro type shirt for a belated birthday pressie for my lad.  (The 3 or 4 tone blue squares, with a weird collar?)

Me personally, I too prefer the more discreet logo's, preferably on a "smarter" polo type shirt (or training top stylee, as a second option). 
The nearest I came to buying was the orange polo, but would have preferred that in the softer/silkier material (like a footy shirt) as opposed to the heavier cotton type that they had in.

I too came away with nothing for myself, for the very same reasons.  

The variety of merchandise sold could be wider. When going to away games I try and compare with other clubs and long after a dog collar and bowl for our mutt, as per Reading do.

Occasionally we have odd things in the shop such as the Rammie gnome that has pride of place in our back garden, and I look forward to getting out the DCFC mini Christmas tree each December. Mostly it's the same old lines though and there's only a certain number of Derby mugs and pint glasses I can drink from.

Wa I'm saying is they sell alot of tatt. Also I saw coats for sale I.e Wenger style ... nah I'm not saying they are crap but you would only wear that when you're a sub playing sunday league and ya stood on the sidelines... would ya wear it ta go darn pub.. answer no 

1 hour ago, Owd miner said:

I went in on Friday .... it ain't very good is it .. I wa in fer 5 mins and straight back out wi mi money in mi pocket .. the choice of say things like polo shirts is dire in fact they dint have any  .. it is ok if ya want ta dress like a full kit wa**** but I just wanted a plain polo wi ram on it ta wear wi Jean's darn welfare .. they need ta replace the buyer as me and Hilda think they are missing out a treat ..what's tha reckon 

https://www.dcfcmegastore.co.uk/t-shirts-polos

There's plenty on the website. 

Just now, Owd miner said:

Wa I'm saying is they sell alot of tatt. Also I saw coats for sale I.e Wenger style ... nah I'm not saying they are crap but you would only wear that when you're a sub playing sunday league and ya stood on the sidelines... would ya wear it ta go darn pub.. answer no 

Why not email the club to find out what the players wear for their trips to the pub?  They may have an exclusive "Club to Pub Range" that require a VIP code to access?

Just now, rynny said:

They arnt in the shop .. had a good ferret around .. it was ok if ya wanted to go and play football.. but fer us owd uns who like ta wear a smart pair of trainers ,Jean's,  and polo shirt when darn booze... it wa  sh*** and has been fer a few years  . It's got so much potential but is sadly lacking.. coat below is point in question... 

dcfc_1920trainingpaddedjacket_155965089890986UHRQ_1.jpg

3 minutes ago, rynny said:

Must say, that black number with the orange trim/Ram immediately caught my eye... before I noticed it was a Ladies!   Best keep that to myself!

The blurb in the shop, above the rack of those SRTRC shirts is "One good reason to wear red" or some such slogan!  ?

13 minutes ago, Owd miner said:

They arnt in the shop .. had a good ferret around .. it was ok if ya wanted to go and play football.. but fer us owd uns who like ta wear a smart pair of trainers ,Jean's,  and polo shirt when darn booze... it wa  sh*** and has been fer a few years  . It's got so much potential but is sadly lacking.. coat below is point in question... 

dcfc_1920trainingpaddedjacket_155965089890986UHRQ_1.jpg

I have got a very similar coat that I wear regularly to matches. Those of us that actually go to watch the team instead of sniping at the club on here actually appreciate the fact that they keep you warm. ?

My husband has about ten different polo shirts with logos on all of which were bought in the club shop so you must have caught the shop on a very bad stock day if they really had no polo shirts at all. Did you ask when they were expecting new stock in or ask for what you wanted or did you just come on here for a moan? 

I suggest you have a word with @Pastinaak about the best way to get some good customer satisfaction from your shopping experience - he's an expert. ?

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

I have got a very similar coat that I wear regularly to matches. Those of us that actually go to watch the team instead of sniping at the club on here actually appreciate the fact that they keep you warm. ?

My husband has about ten different polo shirts with logos on all of which were bought in the club shop so you must have caught the shop on a very bad stock day if they really had no polo shirts at all. Did you ask when they were expecting new stock in or ask for what you wanted or did you just come on here for a moan? 

I suggest you have a word with @Pastinaak about the best way to get some good customer satisfaction from your shopping experience - he's an expert. ?

To be fair (to the club) they did have a couple of polo stylee shirts in, and over recent years, I too have collected quite a few (6?  Maybe 8?) that I still wear regularly.  Nice and discreet.  Good quality.

Preferring to buy (clothes) in person, as opposed to on-line, they have nothing in at the moment that warrants me getting my wallet out, but you're right... things ain't bad enough to specifically come on here just to have a moan about it.  Previous season's have always giving me more than enough to choose from.  

?

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

So all that guff about you being ashamed of the club and not wanting to go anywhere near it again was just that was it? 

Anyway, if you do go to all the games you'll need a big padded coat for the winter months! 

Dont go home . And yeah I turned around at Barnsley even though i had ticket when I heard team news so yeah I dint go that one . 

9 minutes ago, Owd miner said:

May I just correct you on summat I have been to every away game this year apart from yesterday ... so please dunt insinuate I dunt go. Nah I'm sure you need to go and put dinner on .. 

Turning back before you go through the turnstiles does not count.  Despite having a ticket, you won't be included in the Barnsley attendance figures!  

#justsayin'

EDIT:

Started and posted before seeing the previous post!

PS:
The sexist comments have no place on here.  Poor show, sir!

Archived