A case for treading water

Gritty

I've watched numerous teams without "expectations" zoom past Derby over the last 10 years. Fact is we have been poorly run with many poor decisions made e.g. the Martin fiasco (I have a feeling Thorne is a similar case in point, although injury has clouded the issue).

But if the majority of fans think another 10-year plan is what we need, what do I know?! I suspect in that time we will see more teams without "expectations" pass us by!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, angieram said:

I would still like to see a couple more of them on the pitch at times as that is the best place to learn and adapt to the challenges they will face there.

However,  I am not sure our fans will give them the time to do this.  I am quite disappointed at the way a significant element of our support treat our players already. 

I feel the club is working towards changing its ethos but our fan base needs to get on board too if it is genuinely going to work.

Some clubs build successful teams with lots of 21-22 year olds in the team. 

I think we're being too conservative.

id like to see us go for it.....play bogle 19, lowe 22, bielik 21, knight 18, evans 24 (when fit) 

8 hours ago, KCG said:

I've watched numerous teams without "expectations" zoom past Derby over the last 10 years. Fact is we have been poorly run with many poor decisions made e.g. the Martin fiasco (I have a feeling Thorne is a similar case in point, although injury has clouded the issue).

But if the majority of fans think another 10-year plan is what we need, what do I know?! I suspect in that time we will see more teams without "expectations" pass us by!

10 year plan??  Might as well just wave a plain white flag over PP 

18 hours ago, KCG said:

And I'm sure in that time you've seen clubs with "expectations" fall below us.

Archived