Fantasy NFL 2019

Westcumbrianram

Just now, David said:

Create a separate Fantasy League topic if you want, probably best.

Should also include a standard option for a complete new draft each year, that would be my preference anyhow. On a forum people come and go, just think it makes sense.

Could be more players this year as well, so 2 leagues might even be a thing if there's a demand and you don't want to be scrapping for players in a big league.

I'd be happy with two different leagues. Did quite enjoy the big league last year though, meant some games were decided by some really deep sleeper picks.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd only considering doing a keeper league alongside a normal one. If it's a choice of one or the other I'd always choose a normal one. Mainly because keeper league's tend to be smaller, and more hassle.

On the normal league, we should definitely find out how many people are looking to be involved ahead of time - so we can determine if we need an extra league. Would be better to have two leagues of 8 teams, over one league of 14 with 2 people being left out, for example.

If we do have more than one (normal) league, I think we should go with @David 's suggestion a few months back of treating them as tiers and having promotions/relegations.

But we've got plenty of time to sort it all out.

22 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I'd only considering doing a keeper league alongside a normal one. If it's a choice of one or the other I'd always choose a normal one. Mainly because keeper league's tend to be smaller, and more hassle.

On the normal league, we should definitely find out how many people are looking to be involved ahead of time - so we can determine if we need an extra league. Would be better to have two leagues of 8 teams, over one league of 14 with 2 people being left out, for example.

If we do have more than one (normal) league, I think we should go with @David 's suggestion a few months back of treating them as tiers and having promotions/relegations.

But we've got plenty of time to sort it all out.

This. Pretty much exactly my thoughts on it.

Just now, David said:

I want the draft to be on a day @SaintRam can’t make It, watching him struggle to trade for Saints players makes the league what it is for me.

If he’s able to pick Saint after Saint I would lose some interest in it tbh.

Haha, don't worry, I try not to have more than 2 players from any team in my full roster.

I ended up with I think 4? at one stage last season, as I was picking up a new free agent every week and I know very little about the lesser players on other teams. 

Going to limit myself to two Steelers as well, don’t want a load which I get annoyed with as they have crap weeks. I’ll end up switching teams again and I’ve just paid import tax on two t shirts. I’m too far in now for that, need a year of stability ?

Has the double jeopardy of really sucking the weekend your team has an awful game & being really unhelpful come your team's bye week.

JuJu and Moncrief probably the only 2, giving away my draft plan here but both are some what of a risk.

James Connor was pounding the points until he got injured, his injury history worries me slightly for a round 1 pick which he will go in.

MCL injury in 2015 and 2017 then a leg injury in 2018...not to mention having cancer. 

This isn’t me trying to fear monger people into leaving him free for me, got my eye on some other RB’s for that first pick that’s all. Obviously Barkley will be right up there, wouldn’t mind McCaffrey either, although they are supposed to be taking some of the workload off him this year, just depends where you are for that 1st round I guess. 

Aye - first round position is important. If I'm low in the first I often take the best/second best WR or QB available over like the... 8th best RB available. And then fill out my RB slots with the middlers that are a bit hit-and-miss.

Couple of tight ends would have been worth an early round pick over a lower RB option.

Who’s blinking first for Mahomes, that will be interesting, has to be everyone’s number 1 choice, just how far up does he go on your list. 

Fitzmagic obviously be the 2nd choice ?

3 minutes ago, David said:

Couple of tight ends would have been worth an early round pick over a lower RB option.

Who’s blinking first for Mahomes, that will be interesting, has to be everyone’s number 1 choice, just how far up does he go on your list. 

Fitzmagic obviously be the 2nd choice ?

Mahomes is definitely in my top 10, which is pretty unheard of for a QB. But even then, taking him very early will be risky. If he performs like he did this year then it's a no brainer to maybe even pick him 1st overall, but QBs very rarely have two seasons in a row at that extraordinary level. And taking just a "normal" elite QB at that stage is immediately setting yourself back.

As you say, that will be interesting to see.

Be interesting to see where Kyler Murray goes too.

30 minutes ago, David said:

Going to limit myself to two Steelers as well, don’t want a load which I get annoyed with as they have crap weeks. I’ll end up switching teams again and I’ve just paid import tax on two t shirts. I’m too far in now for that, need a year of stability ?

Which you could've got from Sheffield.

Archived