Fantasy NFL 2019

Westcumbrianram

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, David said:

Weekend before the first game would be good, one week then to decline a load of dodgy trade offers before it all starts.

Not sure my inbox could cope with 2 month of trade notifications.

I’ll just have to work at double the speed...

• 2 weeks later...

10 voted on this poll, would assume we are looking at that number, maybe one or two more for a standard PPR league. I guess we could all get invited into the league now, make sure everyone is accounted for then schedule a draft day for the future so everyone has notice it's coming up. 

6 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Are we booting out those (was it 1 or 2?) that went AWOL once it became apparent that Carnero's Luck was a fantasy force that could not be stopped?

We absolutely should - although someone might have to dig through last season's thread to identify who they were. I don't remember ? 

Especially if new folks are getting involved.

1 minute ago, David said:

You lot are just trying to reduce the numbers to free up players for yourselves, I've got your numbers ?

Wouldn't catch me complaining about people dropping out.

I won't deny I'd much prefer an 8 person league ? 

But if we've got additional people coming in, I really wouldn't want a league with any more than we have, so we should get rid of the giver-uppers. People going AFK last season did a real downer on the league late on last year.

Only 10 people in the poll vs the 14 in the league last year though? Was there anyone who voted in the poll who wasn't in last seasons league?

Just now, SaintRam said:

I won't deny I'd much prefer an 8 person league ? 

But if we've got additional people coming in, I really wouldn't want a league with any more than we have, so we should get rid of the giver-uppers. People going AFK last season did a real downer on the league late on last year.

Only 10 people in the poll vs the 14 in the league last year though? Was there anyone who voted in the poll who wasn't in last seasons league?

I can't remember who gave up, but they should be banned for a season IMO. Inactivity or trading away all your players for basically nothing completely ruins the league and fun!

Looking at the league I can only think of one that genuinely gave up, but he said it wasn't his main league and got a little grumpy over the trade offers. The rest were all active throughout wasn't they? 

Saved by the Leveon
Yippee ki-yay
Tucker right in the ahem
The Rosen Ones
Riding with Mahomies
Ramdale
Saint's Rams
Don't Panic
Myself
Let's Get PhyZekiel
Jimbos Jokers
Carnero's Useless
Golden Tate Warriors

8 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Was there anyone who voted in the poll who wasn't in last seasons league?

Ambitious.

Think a couple of others have expressed an interest in this topic who didn't vote in the poll. 

It should be pretty easy to find who it was, all it needs is a competent moderator to search out the fantasy football thread and look for the bit where @David started using dropouts as the excuse for his late season regression to the mean ?

3 minutes ago, Carnero said:

It should be pretty easy to find who it was, all it needs is a competent moderator to search out the fantasy football thread and look for the bit where @David started using dropouts as the excuse for his late season regression to the mean ?

Never happened! ?

And we don't have one.

3 hours ago, David said:

Looking at the league I can only think of one that genuinely gave up, but he said it wasn't his main league and got a little grumpy over the trade offers. The rest were all active throughout wasn't they? 

Saved by the Leveon
Yippee ki-yay
Tucker right in the ahem
The Rosen Ones
Riding with Mahomies
Ramdale
Saint's Rams
Don't Panic
Myself
Let's Get PhyZekiel
Jimbos Jokers
Carnero's Useless