Fantasy NFL 2019

Westcumbrianram

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don’t think I’ll do any mock drafts at all. In fact I came close to unfollowing a bunch of Twitter accounts on the run up to the draft, they were pumping out 2 or 3 a day. 

How are you guessing what 32 teams are going to do? Leave it out.

Have a bunch of players in my head that I would like, if they are gone I’ll move on to the next or grab another option. 

You know the next morning your emails will be full of trade offers anyway 

14 minutes ago, David said:

Don’t think I’ll do any mock drafts at all. In fact I came close to unfollowing a bunch of Twitter accounts on the run up to the draft, they were pumping out 2 or 3 a day. 

Have a bunch of players in my head that I would like, if they are gone I’ll move on to the next or grab another option. 

Are you confusing real life mock drafts with fantasy mock drafts, or are you making two separate points here?

1 minute ago, Srg said:

Are you confusing real life mock drafts with fantasy mock drafts, or are you making two separate points here?

2 points.

Real life drafts flooded my timeline, were fun at the start but they started ramping them up to 2 or 3 different ones a day from several outlets.

As for fantasy I’m not bothering with any mock drafts, you know the better players will be taken and a rough idea of what you can get depending on the order.

2 minutes ago, David said:

2 points.

Real life drafts flooded my timeline, were fun at the start but they started ramping them up to 2 or 3 different ones a day from several outlets.

As for fantasy I’m not bothering with any mock drafts, you know the better players will be taken and a rough idea of what you can get depending on the order.

I preferred the mock drafts via podcast, mainly just because of the discussions around the players and the fits in the schemes, rather than taking anything they said as far as which team with any authority.

With fantasy, similarly, I'll absorb some strategies about which tier players should be in, who to target, some players for the later rounds with potential - but I think I have a decent-ish idea using some of my own knowledge and experience of playing for the last few years.

3 minutes ago, Srg said:

I preferred the mock drafts via podcast, mainly just because of the discussions around the players and the fits in the schemes, rather than taking anything they said as far as which team with any authority.

With fantasy, similarly, I'll absorb some strategies about which tier players should be in, who to target, some players for the later rounds with potential - but I think I have a decent-ish idea using some of my own knowledge and experience of playing for the last few years.

Podcasts are different, as you say they have discussions and reasoning why they believe teams would pick the players.

Social media was littered with just images of names, what you think about this, or this, or this, like let’s draw names out a hat and whack them out which went on for weeks. 

35 minutes ago, David said:

Yeah, I only did a couple to see what it was like on the espn site compared to the nfl. They still have Gronk as the top rated TE ?

I wont bother with any more.

6 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Yeah, I only did a couple to see what it was like on the espn site compared to the nfl. They still have Gronk as the top rated TE ?

Won’t be updated yet, the Chiefs still have time to lose a few more players that beat their wives and you know a couple will fail drug tests 

14 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

The NFL site just does the rankings based on points the season prior. How the hell does ESPN do it if Gronk's no.1?! He hasn't been no.1 for a while.

Can you customise the ranking yourself like you can on NFL.com? That's really useful for the mantra of taking the best player available (in your opinion).

14 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

The NFL site just does the rankings based on points the season prior. How the hell does ESPN do it if Gronk's no.1?! He hasn't been no.1 for a while.

Can you customise the ranking yourself like you can on NFL.com? That's really useful for the mantra of taking the best player available (in your opinion).

You could when I last did it on ESPN, so be shocked if they've removed that. The draft client and everything was better IMO.

33 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Kelce might have been number 1 actually, but Gronk was definitely 2 or 3 ?

i didn’t even know you could do that on nfl to be honest.

4 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Kelce might have been number 1 actually, but Gronk was definitely 2 or 3 ?

i didn’t even know you could do that on nfl to be honest.

Did you have Gronk last year? ? 

image.png.b42f6dd781f301903e0d54d3c5f4fbe4.png

EDIT: Although we were on PPR last year so everyone's numbers were way higher for us, Gronk was still #11. As far as I can tell the only difference was Ertz was #2 and Kittle #3. More of Kittle's points came from runs after the catch.

4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Did you have Gronk last year? ? 

image.png.b42f6dd781f301903e0d54d3c5f4fbe4.png

EDIT: Although we were on PPR last year so everyone's numbers were way higher for us, Gronk was still #11. As far as I can tell the only difference was Ertz was #2 and Kittle #3. More of Kittle's points came from runs after the catch.

?‍♂️

• 1 month later...
27 minutes ago, Westcumbrianram said:

Not long now till draft day surely. Do people want it as close to the season starting as possible?

Can’t remember when we did it last year, sure it was pretty close to the start of the season. 

Im ready whenever...

Archived