Curtis Davies

plymouthram

I feel he will be warming the bench this season. With captain Keogh, Clarke, Bielik all in front of him in the pecking order. We seem to have this habit, of signing players, giving them 2, 3,  or 4 year contracts and then they can't get in the team in their last year.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clarke has been signed to be first choice so of course he’ll be on the bench. But he’s getting on a bit and this will certainly be his last year at is level so I don’t quite know what he’s expect. Annoying to be paying him the same wages as when he was first choice, but it’s only for one year and we’ve certainly has our money’s worth previously so you can’t moan! Probably the best defensive player I’ve seen in a Derby shirt in his first year. Absolute machine. You always need cover anyway in case of injuries, so I don’t really see the problem. 

If we're going with 3 at the back i wouldn't mind seeing this once every ones fit

Hamer

Keogh     Davis     Clarke

Bogle                                                          Lowe

Bielik              Holmes

Lawrence

Waghorn                Marriott

I know people hark on about you're centre backs needing to be quick to play with a 3 but Curtis easily compensates with his reading of the play.  I also think Bielik is needed in the midfield at the moment

Perhaps I'm just nostalgic for the Bald Eagle's promotion season at the moment... ?

8 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

If we're going with 3 at the back i wouldn't mind seeing this once every ones fit

Hamer

Lawrence

I know people hark on about you're centre backs needing to be quick to play with a 3 but Curtis easily compensates with his reading of the play.  I also think Bielik is needed in the midfield at the moment

Perhaps I'm just nostalgic for the Bald Eagle's promotion season at the moment... ?

Hmm, I don't think any of the above played that season.  ?

On 20/08/2019 at 23:24, plymouthram said:

I feel he will be warming the bench this season. With captain Keogh, Clarke, Bielik all in front of him in the pecking order. We seem to have this habit, of signing players, giving them 2, 3,  or 4 year contracts and then they can't get in the team in their last year.

Have you told him that yet

5 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Hamer

Lawrence

I like the look of that line up.

Archived