U23s v Newcastle United - PL Cup Quarter Final

Day

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

You have no idea what his values are - preferring to accept rumours as being fact

My statement is not based on the rumours I heard. Clearly, as many in his position would do, he prefers to be sitting on what appears to be a millionaire's salary than finding a club who would pay him a far lower wage. I'm sure he's in a position to subsidise a move, but that would clearly be a questionable financial decision and he understandably does not prioritise his football career to that extent.

My statement was not one of opinion. It was one of fact with no judgement or opinion involved. He clearly, to a great extent, prioritises money over football.

Just now, SaintRam said:

Excellent defending by Buchanan to prevent 4-2. Stuff like that penalty really rattle youngsters.

Was that Sangare who was in a great position and had one saved from Ravas early in the first half? 

Just now, David said:

Was that Sangare who was in a great position and had one saved from Ravas early in the first half? 

No idea, to be honest.

A stagnant period of possession finally starts moving forward, is then broken up by the ref. Who then gives a Newcastle FK for a 50/50. Not endearing himself to the Derby players.

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

A stagnant period of possession finally starts moving forward, is then broken up by the ref. Who then gives a Newcastle FK for a 50/50. Not endearing himself to the Derby players.

Doesn’t want penalties, his dinners already going cold. 

"From what I've heard" doesn't translate to fact so I'd be interested to know who has actually confirmed his financial position as being more important than his football career. Also, saying "clearly" doesn't lend any credence to your comments.

17 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

"From what I've heard" doesn't translate to fact so I'd be interested to know who has actually confirmed his financial position as being more important than his football career. Also, saying "clearly" doesn't lend any credence to your comments.

As stated, the 'from what I've heard' part does not relate to my overarching view. To clarify, him apparently being 'happy' to sit on his wages does not change the fact that he is obviously on very good money, and he seemingly does not want to pursue playing time elsewhere at the expense of his extremely comfortable financial position. For which I attach no judgement.

6 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

My statement is not based on the rumours I heard. Clearly, as many in his position would do, he prefers to be sitting on what appears to be a millionaire's salary than finding a club who would pay him a far lower wage. I'm sure he's in a position to subsidise a move, but that would clearly be a questionable financial decision and he understandably does not prioritise his football career to that extent.

My statement was not one of opinion. It was one of fact with no judgement or opinion involved. He clearly, to a great extent, prioritises money over football.

It's worth pointing out he would be entitled to a free transfer at the end of this season, and possibly was last summer(although I haven't checked the stats for last season), using the lack of competitive appearance clause common to all contracts. 

Archived