U23s v Newcastle United - PL Cup Quarter Final

Day

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Millenniumram said:

Route one but who cares, 2-2! Great charectar shown to fight back, much like the first team have on many occasions. Clearly the impact of anya?

Anya kept the ball well twice in the build up, so that actually might be fair to say ? 

Second into-the-river shot of the day, this time from Max Bird ? Absolutely skying a shot looks hilarious when there's no stand. The ball just ducks off.

Just now, BurtonRam7 said:

I'd take £30,000 a week to play 20 minutes for the U23s.

I don't feel bad for the fact that he's earned himself a well payed career - I feel bad for the fact he's constantly described as the most hard-working, honest, nicest guy and his career, in terms of first team game-time, has completely collapsed over the last 2 years.

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I don't feel bad for the fact that he's earned himself a well payed career - I feel bad for the fact he's constantly described as the most hard-working, honest, nicest guy and his career, in terms of first team game-time, has completely collapsed over the last 2 years.

From what I've heard, he doesn't really care about not being in the first team picture and is happy picking up the paychecks. Nothing particularly wrong with that I suppose. If he truly cared about his football career, he could have left a long time ago.

From what I've heard, he doesn't really care about not being in the first team picture and is happy picking up the paychecks. Nothing particularly wrong with that I suppose. If he truly cared about his football career, he could have left a long time ago.

So you're saying someone's made offers to take him on loan? 

I think that is a bit harsh and assuming on hear say.

Anya will run out of contract and would be looking for a move, not playing will severely hamper his chances of getting a money move and might have to drop a standard and wages. So I very much doubt he is happy to just play at that level. 

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

So you're saying someone's made offers to take him on loan? 

There were some rumours, I recall (Birmingham perhaps?). I'm not saying he should have done this, but he could easily have found a club if he had been willing to take a pay cut. Again, I'm not saying he had a moral obligation to do so, but he clearly values his money over his career (as many do).

6 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

to be fair at 31 his career is coming to an end you cant blame the guy for taking advantage of a lucrative contract

6 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

There were some rumours, I recall (Birmingham perhaps?). I'm not saying he should have done this, but he could easily have found a club if he had been willing to take a pay cut. Again, I'm not saying he had a moral obligation to do so, but he clearly values his money over his career (as many do).

You have no idea what his values are - preferring to accept rumours as being fact

Newcastle dive wins a penalty. Penalty is well saved. No Derby player following up, so the rebound is easily scored. 3-2

Archived