When were DCFC nicknamed the Rams

FindernRam

16 hours ago, loweman2 said:

Harry storer in 1923 wearing the first derby club badge on his shirt, it had a rams head, a rose and a buck in the park, the buck in the park represented the town of Derby, the rams head represented the team and the rose and the crown represented the county of Derbyshire, the rose and the crown were also the badge of the cricket club (from whence we came).

the badge was created by the famous badge makers and designers of the times the Fattorinni brothers.

all of this fascinating kind of stuff will be found in the new book that I am working on with the Dcfc collection about the history of the Derby County shirt !

Just to elaborate on what loweman2 said, my understanding is that the badge was divided into 3 to symbolize the 3 elements that make up a football club: The owner, the team and management and then the supporters.

Undoubtedly we are called the Rams after the folklore which spawned the traditional old English song 'Derby Ram'. Why this has not been adopted as our anthem has always puzzled me? There are some funky versions of it on youtube. 

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to elaborate on what loweman2 said, my understanding is that the badge was divided into 3 to symbolize the 3 elements that make up a football club: The owner, the team and management and then the supporters.

We should bring that back

A pile of money, an even bigger pile of money and then a set of mugs

• 2 weeks later...

Archived