Craig Bryson

Barney1991

11 hours ago, Ellafella said:

...if only Warnock had listened to you. Then Cardiff wouldn’t have wasted money and time on playing him in a promotion-winni...hey! ‘ang on a bloody minute. ?

Square pegs in round holes. 

Same reason Curtis Davies is a good player but not in our team this year.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

He sees them in training that’s why.......and Lawrence etc get selected so much 

Perhaps he'd better pay more attention to how they perform in matches.....?

Can I just start with - what a bloke, what a player for us he has been. 

This doesn't hide the fact that Bryson looks like he's towing a caravan, he is soooo slow, doesn't get around the pitch half as much as he used to, he's just not effective any more. We could undoubtedly strengthen in this area, I'd like to see more of a presence in there.

Noticeably he's 2 seconds later to make tackles than he used to be and he was making needless fouls against Forest when we were pressing high after the ball had left the player he was pressuring.. 

Lampard's not dumb and I have full faith in him making the correct decisions for the team and I think Bryson will get less game time as the season goes on.

Is Craig our Xmas scapegoat? Yay! In all seriousness, Bryso's great and I love the lad to bits but we need WIlson in midfield alongside Mount and Waggers on the wing. Craig doesn't seem quite as sharp as he once was but given his playing style and his age, that's not really a massive surprise. That said, after a few more games we might all be changing our minds as he seems to take a good half dozen games or more to get fully match fit / sharp. Having Waggers in the side and Wilson in MF provided us with the best balance we've seen under Frank so it's a bit of a mystery as to why we've not got down that route recently, injuries notwithstanding. I think as much as his attacking capability, Waghorn's defensive work is critical to the side. It frees up other players and eases the defensive burden on both the midfield and back 4. Lawrence is not as poor as many make out, but he doesn't do tracking back so until that changes, Waghorn needs to play. 

11 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Is Craig our Xmas scapegoat? Yay! In all seriousness, Bryso's great and I love the lad to bits but we need WIlson in midfield alongside Mount and Waggers on the wing. Craig doesn't seem quite as sharp as he once was but given his playing style and his age, that's not really a massive surprise. That said, after a few more games we might all be changing our minds as he seems to take a good half dozen games or more to get fully match fit / sharp. Having Waggers in the side and Wilson in MF provided us with the best balance we've seen under Frank so it's a bit of a mystery as to why we've not got down that route recently, injuries notwithstanding. I think as much as his attacking capability, Waghorn's defensive work is critical to the side. It frees up other players and eases the defensive burden on both the midfield and back 4. Lawrence is not as poor as many make out, but he doesn't do tracking back so until that changes, Waghorn needs to play. 

Why is  Waghorn a superstar and is he a winger or CF 

He has  done nothing of any note so far and has been injured with a hamstring injury for a start. 

5 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Don't understand your question mate?

I have edited it as it was poor grammar I agree. 

Waghorn  has done nothing of any note so far and his position is in doubt because he is neither a winger or CF in my opinion and is a waste of money .

He has been injured with hamstring problems of late. 

Just now, Curtains said:

I have edited it it was poor grammar I agree. 

Waghorn  has done nothing of any note so far and his position is in doubt because he is neither a winger or CF in my opinion and is a waste of money .

He has been injured with hamstring problems of late. 

Ah, ok. Well if you read my post properly you'd have noted that I highlighted the work he does off the ball, the balance of the team (not his individual performances) and also included the phrase, 'injuries notwithstanding', but apart from all that... Let me put it a different way. Do you think the balance we showed against United, Chelsea and co was just a fluke? It's probably a silly question though given you've already said you don't think he's a winger / CF or possesses any talent. 

1 minute ago, 86 points said:

Ah, ok. Well if you read my post properly you'd have noted that I highlighted the work he does off the ball, the balance of the team (not his individual performances) and also included the phrase, 'injuries notwithstanding', but apart from all that... Let me put it a different way. Do you think the balance we showed against United, Chelsea and co was just a fluke? It's probably a silly question though given you've already said you don't think he's a winger / CF or possesses any talent. 

He’s a waste of money. 

Thats my opinion. 

Archived