Disabled Seating.

Bob Gnarly

Just a quick one, mods feel free to move the thread if needed.

I'm looking at going to the Bristol game next weekend with a few of my friends. One of the lads that wants to come is in a wheelchair, I have had a quick look on the website and couldn't find out where seats are that are wheelchair accessible.

Is this something that someone can tell me?

Appreciate it.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wheelchair users are accommodated on the front row of all four stands at Pride Park Stadium, which allow the PA/ Essential Companion to sit alongside them. We also have elevated platforms located in the North-East Corner, South and West Stand for Home Supporters and one in the South- East Corner for Away Supporters.

All areas in which wheelchair users are located offer good lines of sight.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/disabled-information

I was on crutches a few years ago and the club kindly moved my ticket, and those i was going to be seated with, to the wheelchair deck in the West Stand. It's mid-way up towards the North Stand and has pretty good views as you're not at pitch level like some of the other wheelchair accessible seats. The lift up there is tortuously slow though. However, this was about 7yrs ago so it may well be different now.

8 hours ago, David said:

Wheelchair users are accommodated on the front row of all four stands at Pride Park Stadium, which allow the PA/ Essential Companion to sit alongside them. We also have elevated platforms located in the North-East Corner, South and West Stand for Home Supporters and one in the South- East Corner for Away Supporters.

All areas in which wheelchair users are located offer good lines of sight.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/disabled-information

Wouldn’t think the view is all that great from the bottom of the south stand where a young lad usually sits, towards the West stand.  I don’t know but he looks to enjoy the atmosphere more than a perfect view 

10 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Wouldn’t think the view is all that great from the bottom of the south stand where a young lad usually sits, towards the West stand.  I don’t know but he looks to enjoy the atmosphere more than a perfect view 

They do get all the best parking spaces though

My dad had a knee replacement and I swapped our normal seats for some at the bottom of the West Stand near the North Stand. They have an entrance to the stand that is on one level so you can get out in a wheelchair. It may be the same all around the ground but that’s the place I was advised to go to.

Archived