Rams tv meets Kevin Hector

superzak

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, richinspain said:

I would love this to happen, but honestly think that as it hasn't happened yet it is very unlikely ?. Even Willie Carlin has been on, and @loweman2 will tell you how difficult it is getting to speak to him.

Everyone is different. Some players are relaxed and seem to enjoy talking about their playing days as much as we enjoy remembering them with them. Others don't for whatever reason, and ultimately we should respect their wishes. Even colin boulton said he wasn't that interested in talking about football now. 

it must be difficult to be constantly reminded....didn't you used to be so and so?

Maybe its not that easy being a legend;  moving on; but then to keep stirring it all up again.

Perhaps the real person can never live up to the idealised image we have of the younger player. Maybe some prefer to leave us with our memories. Maybe they just don't want the attention and the irrational affection of middle aged men.

Whatever.......Nothing will change our affection for a truly wonderful player. 

My god! I'd kiss his fookin boots.

I had the privilege to spend a few hours in his company ,he was with Roy Mac and Roger that night .They say you should never meet your hero but in Kevin's case that could not be more wrong .

Absolute gentleman and gem of a guy, I hope I  didn't over do it but he can't have been under any illusions of the esteem he is held in  by the fans of my generation after that encounter.

The king and I.jpg

We had the privilege to do our own Loweman2 meets Kevin Hector in the summer and sat down for nearly two hours with him, the next generation of Derby fans really need to be able to see and hear what this man did for the club, not read it in a book when he is dead ! Come on sort it out !

94D6E89E-94F5-48A6-837C-3221E821B2A6.jpeg

6 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

We had the privilege to do our own Loweman2 meets Kevin Hector in the summer and sat down for nearly two hours with him, the next generation of Derby fans really need to be able to see and hear what this man did for the club, not read it in a book when he is dead ! Come on sort it out !

94D6E89E-94F5-48A6-837C-3221E821B2A6.jpeg

As far as I’m aware the club has asked him. 

Archived