Snakes at the Bet365 Stadium?

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Doesn't count for much if you're going to jeopardise your reputation! He won't be the last. 

billy-376283.jpg

Did Billy play for Derby and get us promotion with a Derby Team that was very together .

Billy was Billy . Gary is Gary. 

Both worked for Derby but Gary also played in a very good promotion team. 

Billy went to our arch rivals Forest. 

Stoke are nothing to Derby. 

I’ve got tickets for this but I’m thinking now about not bothering, an hour and half of chanting about Rowett doesn’t really float my boat. 

You do do realise that he’s going to love the attention don’t you? No you probably don’t. 

The best thing we could do is just ignore him and support our players and manager that are here now, but I guess that’s not going to happen. 

And you just know that when they’ve beaten us 1-0, he’ll bend over, brush a little mud off his trainers, straighten his jumper, give us a smug little wave and disappear down the tunnel. 

Don't wave snakes at Gary Rowett. Might upset him. 

Me? I'll be singing "Gary Rowett! What a perfectly acceptable transfer it was to go to Stoke I would have done it too if it offered more money and potentially better career opportunities." 

Also, "I wanna go home, I wanna go hoooome. Stoke has some nice areas on the outskirts and I really feel for those that live in the run down parts, I wanna go home" 

If you don't ducking bounce, if you don't ducking bounce you're a red and that's perfectly acceptable to support your local club and it would be almost xenophobia or something for me to take issue with that. 

'ave it!!! 

21 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I wouldn't say they were brilliant. Decent players for sure but I doubt I'll remember either in 20 years

That’s the thing mate I’m older than you and remember Gary Rowett as a Derby player as i remember Steve McClaren  as a player and assistant manager with Jim Smith and Manager . I remember Nigel Clough as a player  and Manager 

I also remember Brian Clough and Dave Mackey and Geoff Barrowcliffe and Reg Matthews under Tim Ward .

I don’t wish any ill will on anyone who played or managed Derby including Tommy Docherty .

Hopefully all the baiting is done peacefully and in good banter. 

45EBB505-BDE7-40B8-8C00-005171D0E66F.jpeg

9 minutes ago, curb said:

And you just know that when they’ve beaten us 1-0, he’ll bend over, brush a little mud off his trainers, straighten his jumper, give us a smug little wave and disappear down the tunnel. 

... and i'd laugh and think "argh, you bar steward"

I hate the word banter. But I don't know what else to call it. It's all banter. I don't mind players cupping their ears, shushing us, waving flags... It's all back and forth. Makes the game a little more interesting. Football needs these little rivalries and stories imo. It's only daft when people start thinking that it can only go one way. 

Just now, Curtains said:

That’s the thing mate I’m older than you and remember Gary Rowett as a Derby player as i remember Steve McClaren  as a player and assistant manager with Jim Smith and I remember Nigel clough as a player  

I also remember Brian Clough and Dave Mackey and Geoff Barrowcliffe and Reg Matthews under Tim Ward .

I don’t wish any ill will on anyone who played or managed Derby including Tommy Docherty .

Hopefully all the baiting is done peacefully and in good banter. 

45EBB505-BDE7-40B8-8C00-005171D0E66F.jpeg

I don't wish ill on Stan Collymore never mind Gary Rowett. 

I want Rowett to have the most uncomfortable game of his life. But if they win and he gives us some back then ah well. 

It's only a game. 

Flippin' heck. You should see boxing crowds. "Smash his feckin 'ead in AJ!" (Joshua knocks him out) "is he alright? He looks alright" 

It's not for everyone but quite a lot of people enjoy that back and forth. It's knowing the limits that's important. If you can't take it then don't serve it up. 

And a few thousand people waving inflatable snakes at me? I could handle it, you know. I think I'd cope

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

I don't wish ill on Stan Collymore never mind Gary Rowett. 

I want Rowett to have the most uncomfortable game of his life. But if they win and he gives us some back then ah well. 

It's only a game. 

Flippin' heck. You should see boxing crowds. "Smash his feckin 'ead in AJ!" (Joshua knocks him out) "is he alright? He looks alright" 

It's not for everyone but quite a lot of people enjoy that back and forth. It's knowing the limits that's important. If you can't take it then don't serve it up. 

And a few thousand people waving inflatable snakes at me? I could handle it, you know. I think I'd cope

Absolutely.

Love Boxing mate and love Joshua but not a patch on Ali 

Don’t like football violence though. 

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

Did Billy play for Derby and get us promotion with a Derby Team that was very together .

Billy was Billy . Gary is Gary. 

Both worked for Derby but Gary also played in a very good promotion team. 

Billy went to our arch rivals Forest. 

Stoke are nothing to Derby. 

Didn’t play but managed a team that looked very together. 

Both spells ended sourly.

Gary’s made his own bed, gotta lie in it now. Can’t sit there and say the things he did then jump ship without a heckle or two. He’ll be expecting it. 

7 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Absolutely.

Love Boxing mate and love Joshua but not a patch on Ali 

Don’t like football violence though. 

You've got idiots at football for sure. But I think most have an on/off button. Most can give and receive abuse and then walk out the ground and talk to the same opposing fans they were abusing. I think most get it. Idiots are idiots that will always find a place to be idiots. Most the time it's not worth changing the rules to stop them because they'll find a way to be an idiot. 

On Joshua, certainly not as smooth of a boxer but arguably got more power. Have to see how we look back on him when he's done. But Ali was a political figure too. So much more than an athlete. A historical figure. As a man it's a KO on AJ 

13 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Can do both?

Yes and I think we will. Once the game starts we'll be right behind the team as always.

But I will enjoy giving Rowett a bit of grief beforehand - hopefully he won't have the opportunity to shove it back at us but that depends on how we play.

I wonder if a few of our players might be equally looking forward to showing Rowett what they can do when they're allowed to play on the front foot. It wasn't just the fans moaning after that second leg at Fulham.

Archived