Haters gonna Hate

Comrade 86

Whatever the stats I found Rowett and his football dull. Never warmed to him and i'm glad because he fecked off to Stoke a few months ago rather than continue his work at this special club that means a lot to him. So not only is he dull, he's also full of pooh. 

There's nothing remarkable about his career so far. It's as interesting as his football was on a Satdee afternoon sandwiched between 2 hours of traffic and in the wet cold. 

Not everything is perfect now but at least Lampard hasn't fecked off and most the games are fun and we always play to win. We've bought players for the future and I cannot for the life of me see what it was about Rowett that makes him relevant. Certainly not after the way he went.

Yet you've got sideways digs, comparisons and the blatant "I hope Stoke smash the league" comments. 

He wasn't wronged. Lampard didn't steal his job. 

Doesn't bother me in the slightest if people want to moan about how Derby are playing right now. It bothers me more that it keeps being brought around back to that knobber like we black bagged him. 

It feels like this defeat has really got to people and brought back that pro Rowett/ anti Rowett divide. He's gone, man! 

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, RamNut said:

There were plenty on here ready to jump down the throat of anyone who dared express misgivings about growett. Wonder where they all went?

I defended Rowett till the day he left, but I, like I suspect others, have moved on and don’t feel the need to debate his tenure still as it’s been done to death.

Frank Lampard is now the manager, he’s the man that needs our support now, he will also have that until the day he leaves and the club and m whilst we’re the getting results which put us on track for promotion.

11 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

And yet we scored 3 goals in a game more than any other team.

You don't reach the play offs in a 46 game season by luck. That's just being silly.

Agree on the point about Hughes though.

Remind me again, was it 6 games out of 38 that you are referring to? You can also still be boring and win by more than one goal. It takes a second to score a goak, the rest of the match can still be boring. If we don’t beat as many teams this season by 3 goals we will have still seen better football already this season than the whole of last.

Luck was being 1-0 up in the semi after taking a battering, then lying down for the return leg, wasn’t Fulham the first team to  overturn a deficit or something like that? 

1 hour ago, AdamRam said:

Remind me again, was it 6 games out of 38 that you are referring to? You can also still be boring and win by more than one goal. It takes a second to score a goak, the rest of the match can still be boring. If we don’t beat as many teams this season by 3 goals we will have still seen better football already this season than the whole of last.

Luck was being 1-0 up in the semi after taking a battering, then lying down for the return leg, wasn’t Fulham the first team to  overturn a deficit or something like that? 

Can't, won't and will never argue, that the standard of football is better.

However, I will argue when silly points are used against GR  (and I don't even particularly like the guy).

In the last post you said we won because he had Davies man mark Mitrovic, now it was down to luck as we got battered...which one was it? 

21 hours ago, 86 points said:
On 14/11/2018 at 04:25, 86 points said:

Yeah, ok mate. I'll try to address your rant concisely. Firstly, you were clearly watching a different side to many if you recall us as being a fluid, counter-attacking team. Maybe route one is an unkind term, but just because we hoofed it down the channels does not mean we were more cultured than a team hoofing it directly into the box. 

20 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I thought my post said that I don't mind debating other people's points even if they are negative and do not agree with my own points.

In this instance I'm trying to ascertain when we played route one football under GR as I don't really recall it.

As I say, my recollection is although we played a lot of long balls, they usually went through Keogh or Huddlestone, who in my eyes are not 2 players who 'hoof the ball blindly' or whichever phrase you chose.

If you don't want to discuss that point fine but if, as it has been on other threads, used as a stick to beat GR with it will be questioned.

The fourth time the top section has been posted or quoted now so as you would say, give it a bloody rest will you? If you've really failed to ascertain' my meaning by now it's because you're being consciously dim.

Let’s face it losing games concentrates minds. 

Losing 1-4 to Leeds and  0-3 to Villa at home wasn’t good .

Having said that we have played very well in lots of games. 

Its how we move on in the next games Sheff Wed  away and Stoke and Wigan away that is the crux of the matter  .

Home games against Swansea ,Forest and Bristol coming up won’t be easy  

Followed by Sheff U , Leeds and Norwich away and Boro at home 

8 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Let’s face it losing games concentrates minds. 

Losing 1-4 to Leeds and  0-3 to Villa at home wasn’t good .

Having said that we have played very well in lots of games. 

Its how we move on in the next games Sheff Wed  away and Stoke and Wigan away that is the crux of the matter  .

Home games against Swansea ,Forest and Bristol coming up won’t be easy  

Followed by Sheff U , Leeds and Norwich away and Boro at home 

Who are you and what have you done with Curtains?

Just now, 86 points said:

Who are you and what have you done with Curtains?

Ha ha. 

Mate I’m behind Lampard now for sure. 

Injuries are a slight worry at the moment but hopefully Mount who Is vital will be fit soon. 

Hopefully we are back to our best at Sheffield and Stoke. 

Just now, Curtains said:

Ha ha. 

Mate I’m behind Lampard now for sure. 

Injuries are a slight worry at the moment but hopefully Mount who Is vital will be fit soon. 

Hopefully we are back to our best at Sheffield and Stoke. 

Think Frank was quoted as saying Mason would be back for the Wendies game. He and Hudds are so critical to the way we play it'd certainly be welcome. I'd hope we'd beat the Wendies. Like Villa, Stoke may not have been tearing up trees thus far, but they do have a very strong squad. I'd take 4 points from the two games if offered it now, though I'll obviously be hoping for all 6! COYR

1 hour ago, 86 points said:

The fourth time the top section has been posted or quoted now so as you would say, give it a bloody rest will you? If you've really failed to ascertain' my meaning by now it's because you're being consciously dim.

As it wasn't your post I was responding to in the first place there wasn't really any need for you to respond...

Anyway now you have taken the time to respond, happy debate football but don't want to get involved in your silly name calling if that's ok.

So last season, was Huddlestone hoofing the ball anywhere or was he as good as you was saying at the time? I'm confused.

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

As it wasn't your post I was responding to in the first place there wasn't really any need for you to respond...

Anyway now you have taken the time to respond, happy debate football but don't want to get involved in your silly name calling if that's ok.

So last season, was Huddlestone hoofing the ball anywhere or was he as good as you was saying at the time? I'm confused.

I've highlighted the only part of the post worth noting. Tom was forced into attempting worldly crossfields and deadweight balls over the top for the vast majority of last season. I guess you must have been the only fan to have noticed the neat triangles, runners off the ball and slick heads-up interpassing in our midfield last year, probably because it just didn't happen. We were as direct as you can possibly be without being Cardiff but clearly you view it a different way. As per my OP, it was pragmatic but it was far from easy on the eye save for a few occasions where for a run of games, we actually looked half decent before slumping into the more turgid style I alluded to and scraping into the playoffs. Anyway, you've made your point in a fashion, so let's just park it there.

4 minutes ago, 86 points said:

I've highlighted the only part of the post worth noting. Tom was forced into attempting worldly crossfields and deadweight balls over the top for the vast majority of last season. I guess you must have been the only fan to have noticed the neat triangles, runners off the ball and slick heads-up interpassing in our midfield last year, probably because it just didn't happen. We were as direct as you can possibly be without being Cardiff but clearly you view it a different way. As per my OP, it was pragmatic but it was far from easy on the eye save for a few occasions where for a run of games, we actually looked half decent before slumping into the more turgid style I alluded to and scraping into the playoffs. Anyway, you've made your point in a fashion, so let's just park it there.

Yet another childish retort, why not just try and stick to debating the point. If you don't want to, just ignore the post unless you can't leave it without having the last word of course.

Giving the ball to the best passer in the division to try and hit accurate long passes to start counter attacks is quite a difference to 'hoofing the ball into the channels'.

Just my take on it of course and as I said it would seem weird that Huddlestone was getting such praise from yourself if that is what he was doing. 

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yet another childish retort, why not just try and stick to debating the point. If you don't want to, just ignore the post unless you can't leave it without having the last word of course.

Giving the ball to the best passer in the division to try and hit accurate long passes to start counter attacks is quite a difference to 'hoofing the ball into the channels'.

Just my take on it of course and as I said it would seem weird that Huddlestone was getting such praise from yourself if that is what he was doing. 

Tom is and always has been excellent but his abilities are stifled in a set up where he has no support runners. You can call it childish if you like but I don't really think that's a tough concept to grasp. As you incessantly say, others are entitled to their opinions so maybe just move along yourself as you're coming across as a bit of a pious hypocrite at the moment.

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Can't, won't and will never argue, that the standard of football is better.

However, I will argue when silly points are used against GR  (and I don't even particularly like the guy).

In the last post you said we won because he had Davies man mark Mitrovic, now it was down to luck as we got battered...which one was it? 

Maybe if you are going to argue silly points you should read the post more carefully, especially the name of the poster ? 

7 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Tom is and always has been excellent but his abilities are stifled in a set up where he has no support runners. You can call it childish if you like but I don't really think that's a tough concept to grasp. As you incessantly say, others are entitled to their opinions so maybe just move along yourself as you're coming across as a bit of a pious hypocrite at the moment.

The difference is I will debate an opinion with someone, they certainly don't have to agree with me, but I will try and work out their reasoning. 

If you don't like someone's opinion you tend to resort to a childish insult or telling them they are not as good a fan as you.

Nothing hypocritical about what I say.

22 hours ago, LazloW said:

Each to their own, but I certainly found Rowett’s football turgid and boring.  I honestly couldn’t give a rat’s about the length of a pass, but what I want to see is high tempo, aggressive, positive football. I don’t think we got that under Rowett.  We are getting it under Lampard.  

I can’t guarantee that results will be better or that we won’t lose games we might have drawn or won under Rowett.  We might even end up finishing lower in the league, but whatever analysis anybody wants to make of the nature of GR’s football, the question is, is anybody really truthfully missing him or the way he got us playing (let us not forget, we did lose games under him too!)?  

I should point out that I did get into the odd argument defending Gary last season - though I never defended his football which is always something I criticised - but rather I didn’t want to see us chop and change again... I’ve also always said that I lived in hope of improvement.  What he is serving up at Stoke at the moment suggests that improvement might never have come.

There's only a few who would disagree. No surprises for guessing whom. Ironically, I was one of the few to maintain a level of support for Rowett, right to the bitter end and I got a fair amount of flak for doing it. The point was always about continuity however and never that I felt we were good to watch or likely to progress. It's old hat now though and while I'm clearly the cause of this being rehashed and regurgitated yet again, instigating yet another dull post mortem was never the intention of the OP. The self-appointed voices of reason don't care to let it drop, which is fair enough I suppose, but if the argument is everyone has a right to an opinion then they should take some of their own advice. I think the vast majority of Derby fans are in accordance as to the nature of last season. A play-off slot was no mean feat but it says plenty that despite that, Rowett was off on his toes the moment the opportunity presented itself. As Curtains has pointed out, that was within his rights and I guess Mel had some part to play, but it was this that really coloured my thinking where Rowett is concerned. Whether that is fair or not is really something of a moot point.

19 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Hardly got to any matches last season but did do Brentford and reading away. The first was just an early season attempt to shithouse a 1-0 cos we were in poor form and the team hadn’t settled.

the second was a much more honed Rowett team. Not much longball, but the whole team looked like a set of table football players stuck in rows shuffling from side to side in strict formation.

then when we won the ball it would be typically played 30 or so yards down one of the wings. Was most odd, finished 3-3 but was not what you’d call exciting.

the fast technical stuff is easier to appreciate but seems to be no more guarantee of better results and when it goes wrong it really goes wrong.......

Interesting point. I guess it really comes down to what we desire as fans. Do we want results over entertainment or would we prefer to watch good football but take the occasional pasting along the way. I know which camp I'm in.

8 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

The difference is I will debate an opinion with someone, they certainly don't have to agree with me, but I will try and work out their reasoning. 

If you don't like someone's opinion you tend to resort to a childish insult or telling them they are not as good a fan as you.

Nothing hypocritical about what I say.

So you're saying that the dozen or so responses I've taken time to provide you with do not address your original question. Jesus! And you wonder why you get terse responses! I'd politely suggest you re-read this interchange as I think you're being pretty unfair and unnecessarily critical. That's your prerogative and I don't really care too much as to what you think of me, but let's not dress it up as anything it's not, especially given your original retort to the OP which was anything but calm, rational and seeking open and balanced debate, as you very well know. This has now become a really tedious exchange so for the sake of other users perhaps we can just leave it there. 

Archived