Foreign Nationals in the Armed Forces.

Coneheadjohn

People who have never lived in the country will be allowed to join the army.

Isn’t that a mercenary?

Anyway,firstly thoughts and secondly pick another country whose army you’d join now it’s going to be a free for all.

I pick U.S.A because they get to listen to Metallica when they go in to battle?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Like the Gurkhas?

Love them.

My father was a Sergeant Major in the Gurkha Engineers in Malaya in the early 1960s.

Fantastic lamb curries.

On 05/11/2018 at 19:40, King Kevin said:

Always thought it was goat curries .

Anything, really. If it had legs, it went into the pot, but certainly goat would be a staple in Nepal. I had bhat a few times at the home of one of the Gurkha lads at my school - it's probably where my addiction to chillies manifested itself.

On 05/11/2018 at 19:20, RoyMac5 said:

It's not recruitment that's the problem, it's retaining them - lots of soft Brits don't want the job when they've tried it.

You're right with the first bit Roy, the second isn't so much the case in the forces! That definitely rings true with some of the people I went to school with but not anybody I've met whilst being in the military. 

I find people just get sick of being messed around, spending 6 months out of every 12/18 away from friends and family etc. Not only that, I can't think of one person I know who's left and hasn't gone on to an equivalent job or better.

The pension used to be the retainer - since they've scrapped the old one I don't think there's a real incentive to do 20/22 years in the military anymore - the opportunities are out there for switched on people. 

Archived