U23s v Chelsea

Day

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, angieram said:

Chrissy Martin, Derby's number nine ...........teen!

14 minutes ago, Colm said:

Chrissy Martin just scored 1-0

Yeah but he doesn't do this and he doesn't do that.........blah, blah, blah.

Come on Chrissy Martin, score some goals for Derby.....

Gary Penrice, their chief scout between Maclaren and Ferdinard...whoever they’re watching, they’ve rolled out the full team...or maybe they’re just trying to find somewhere quiet away from QPR fans after their start to the season...

After signing (on loan) Hemed and Nakhi Wells yesterday, would make much more sense to be looking at Thorne or even Anya than Martin..

Mind you, given Steve Mc’s recent record of executing plans perfectly - maybe they’re in town to watch Butterfield, Pearce and Jerome..

3 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I'm aware of that.....

It's not beyond the wit of wassell/lampard to mix them up tho

Maybe it’s not a lack of intelligence and that Martin, Thorne and Anya have performed better in training or in need of game time more than Butterfield and Jerome.

Maybe the 3 fit in better with how Wassall is looking to play.

Maybe they are injured.

Maybe they knew scouts would be watching those players.

All I do know is we can only play 3 overage players, and those are the chosen 3.

7 minutes ago, Colm said:

Anya's goal was a great cross by Gordon, well finished, replays showing he was onside with chelsea tv commentators agreeing that it should be 2-0

Was at Millwall last year when Anya came on and scored a last-minute winner only for it to wrongly (according to Rowett after the replays) be ruled out. A game we should have won and the draw piled on the pressure over the traditional spring collapse. If I recall a win would have consolidated second place. 

Football is about such small margins and Anya is indeed quick. In games that are effectively worth hundreds of millions the sooner we have VAR the better. 

3 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Could easily be watching Chelsea youngsters too. 

Could be. Both McClaren and Eustace were at Moor Farm watching the U23s a couple weeks ago when Thorne and Martin were playing though.

With QPR signing 2 forwards, hard to see them in for Martin now who was linked with a move earlier in the summer.

The Thorne thing could be 2+2=57755 but they appear to have an eye on someone at Derby, unless it’s pure coincidence players they have been looking at have been playing our U23s.

39 minutes ago, David said:

Maybe it’s not a lack of intelligence and that Martin, Thorne and Anya have performed better in training or in need of game time more than Butterfield and Jerome.

Maybe the 3 fit in better with how Wassall is looking to play.

Maybe they are injured.

Maybe they knew scouts would be watching those players.

All I do know is we can only play 3 overage players, and those are the chosen 3.

I wasn't hinting that it was a lack of intelligence David...it's just a phrase.

My point was that Thorne and Martin are being played in the under 23's for a reason...either with an eye on loaning them out or looking to get them fit for the first team squad.

Probably the former but who knows.

Anyway..what's the score and how's the game going anyone?

4 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I wasn't hinting that it was a lack of intelligence David...it's just a phrase.

My point was that Thorne and Martin are being played in the under 23's for a reason...either with an eye on loaning them out or looking to get them fit for the first team squad.

Probably the former but who knows.

Anyway..what's the score and how's the game going anyone?

Still 1-0 Derby, had some good chances with Babos smashing a shot near post which chelsea keeper does well to save, derby dominating possession at the moment. Into 88th min

Archived