Between now and Thursday

Topram

17 minutes ago, Ramchop said:

Some of these players will be looking for a new club and contract next summer. It makes no sense to stay with us, sit in the bench and not prove they are worth their inflated wages. Better to take a pay cut and move on

But may be it's a better deal for them moneywise if they wait until Jan and then go on a 'loan plus free' at the ends of their contract.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

all these signings whilst exciting for fans, must be a bit demotivating for some of the existing players whose chances of playing are now getting to be slim.

I suspect most of the shifting business will be done post Thursday as most will be temp or contract cancellations. 

Doesn't have to be done by Thursday. 

Adkins as an example. Said he wants perms but if he can't he'll look at something different after Thursday. Can definitely see them being in for Butterfield. Possibly Pearce too as their back line looked awful last night and I'm sure Pearce played for him in the Prem and the Championship when he was Reading boss. 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

But may be it's a better deal for them moneywise if they wait until Jan and then go on a 'loan plus free' at the ends of their contract.

Spot on.

Why would clubs pay fees for players that are heading into the last year of contracts (as most of our 'unwanted' are)? They'll take them on loan - probably with wage subsidies - then grab them for nowt next summer if they want them longer term.

Derby are so desperate to trim the squad that we are over a barrel.

If we exclude Vydra, I'd be surprised if we get a fee (and modest ones at that) for anyone other than Martin, Hanson or Forsyth - or players we don't want to sell.

Archived