Between now and Thursday

Topram

Assuming the Waghorn deal goes through today do we need any more players coming in or just outs? 

For me we still need another CB that is more comfortable on the ball, Pearce is a great guy a good pro and cracking back up but he’s the right back up for a “pass it out from the back kind of side” 

LB- Lowe had a great pre season can he go 45 more games without injury- probably not. 

Outs 

butterfield, Blackman, anya, Thorne, Martin, Jerome and Vydra assuming most of them are out on loan!

That for me would round up a great summer business by Lampard and Mel

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I'm not even sure that Tomori & Waghorn would be it. I wouldn't be surprised to see another name come out of nowhere. 

As for outgoings - I predict five, four in the final 24 hours. 

Absolutely, can still see us bringing in another central midfielder, an energetic, younger alternative to bryson, There were reports of English bids expected for Mcginn of Hibbs, and I'd probably expect us to be one of them if the opportunity arose.

Looking at it objectively, with rumours & balls to one side, this is what we know.

Available, with next to no chance of starting or being part of the matchday squad here:
18. Jacob Butterfield
19. Nick Blackman
30. Ikechi Anya
32. Cameron Jerome
34. George Thorne

Chris Martin looks to also be on this list, however he has been injured. Although we can infer it, we can't take it as a given. Vydra, too, may seem like he's available but as he's been injured then we can't take it as a given. 

At the very least, I'd imagine that those five players will be out of the door before long. Rumours of Hanson going to Oxford ring quite possible, too. I think it would take a nuclear blast in the middle of Derby to see him get a start with the amount of bodies in the squad. 

Please please please see some outs!! 

Mind you, when I was looking down the squad I was surprised that I still said of 2 players "let go if we replace" with Fozzy and Roos.

3 Fozzy- leave if replaced

15 Johnson- Prob could go make room for Elsnik, Guy, Bird ect 

16 Pearce- can go now

18 Butterfield- please leave

19 Martin- Can go but injured (or ill or whatever)

21 Roos- leave if replaced 

22 Blackman- goes without saying

23 Vydra- if we get offered the right money

26 Hanson- could be handy as cover but we need to shift midfielders so unless Thorne goes he can go

28 Nugent- At least one of him and Jerome have to, I'd rather CJ but depends on interest

30 Anya- Can go

32 Jerome- see Nugent

34 Thorne- Don't make me say it, it makes me too sad

35 Mitchell- loan out maybe?

Jacob Butterfield= no club will buy, best option loan. Chris Martin= Possible we could sell, but more likely a loan. Nick Blackman= Could sell to a Div 1 club for a net loss on what we paid, can't see any team taking him on loan. Matej Vydra= Gobsmacked that Leeds took Bamford over him, still could sell or loan too. Jamie Hanson= a good championship player, but is he ever going to make it with the Rams, need to sell. David Nugent= need to sell, were Shefffield Utd interested. Ikechi Anya= i feel sorry for this player, never really fitted in, might have to loan out prior to selling. He is good enough to hold down a regular place in most championship teams. Cameron Jerome=The right type of player to fit Franks style of play, could keep as back up in case of injuries. George Thorne= I am undecided on him at the moment, since his long term injury, I would say that his fitness is still not 100%. Perhaps keep to see if he can make it and revisit a decision in Jan window. As for Roos and Mitchell= who is the better keeper and unless you bring in another keeper, you still need 3 goalies in your squad.

Other than Vydra and maybe the odd u23, I honestly can’t see anyone being sold. Their worth is far less than what they are earning at Derby, so won’t take a pay cut. I could see us shifting a few loans by the end of August but only if we cover large percentages of the wages. Just hope we can get rid of enough to make the squad a decent size. 

6 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Looking at it objectively, with rumours & balls to one side, this is what we know.

Available, with next to no chance of starting or being part of the matchday squad here:
18. Jacob Butterfield
19. Nick Blackman
30. Ikechi Anya
32. Cameron Jerome
34. George Thorne

Chris Martin looks to also be on this list, however he has been injured. Although we can infer it, we can't take it as a given. Vydra, too, may seem like he's available but as he's been injured then we can't take it as a given. 

At the very least, I'd imagine that those five players will be out of the door before long. Rumours of Hanson going to Oxford ring quite possible, too. I think it would take a nuclear blast in the middle of Derby to see him get a start with the amount of bodies in the squad. 

If Jamie is going out to a league one  I'd expect and hope we'd be in for him.

I've not see enough of him to know if he's much better than our own local lad Ben fox but we're crying out for a natural central  midfielder who can sit and play the occasional ball, I don't think we could either afford the contribution or persuade George Thorne to come but I'd have no complaints at all of we took Jamie off your hands for a year.

Wed look after him and he'd get game time

I'd be staggered if we're not in for him.

I never thought I'd say this but Tom Naylor has left a massive gap to fill. 

Centrally and in the back four.

Still think we’re a bit short on depth in certain areas (yes I know, but the umpteen players in our squad are all about as useful as sticking Leon best in goal.. or defence... or upfront..or on a football field..). Think, assuming Waghorn joins, we’re still probably short on option in central midfield especially, would look at bringing one, maybe even two new attacking midfielders in. Would also look at depth in the fullback positions as well, that’s been a weak link before. Would also like an experienced backup goalie too.

In terms of players out.. simply put we need a poo ton gone..

Id personally look at selling...

Roos, Forsyth (if he can be replaced), Johnson if he can be replaced, Thorne (☹️), Butterfield, Hanson, Anya, Martin, Blackman, Vydra, Nugent and Jerome.

Work to do...

13 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

After the 'soft transfer window' on the 9th there's still plenty of time to get players out on loan (until 31st) with a view to a permanent deal - lots of time left.

This is when I think our outs will go - I'd be surprised if many left on permanents before Thurs night. Maybe Vyds (to anyone) or CJ (Preston). But more likely loans if as is widely assumed they're on a decent whack here that other clubs can't match as a permanent. 

11 hours ago, Doodle said:

Other than Vydra and maybe the odd u23, I honestly can’t see anyone being sold. Their worth is far less than what they are earning at Derby, so won’t take a pay cut. I could see us shifting a few loans by the end of August but only if we cover large percentages of the wages. Just hope we can get rid of enough to make the squad a decent size. 

Some of these players will be looking for a new club and contract next summer. It makes no sense to stay with us, sit in the bench and not prove they are worth their inflated wages. Better to take a pay cut and move on

Archived