Cup run be nice to have one

B4ev6is

I would love to see us go on massive cup run in league cup this season also help raise funds for frank lampard to spend on players if we need to strengh in january. 

But I would love to think we can take around 1500 mark for oldam away. I think we might see marriot in this one zoon and geouge evens but love to see masion bennet play upfront with marriot.

I cant wait for this one.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When we have such a massive squad, a good cup run is really important in keeping fringe players fit, playing and therefore happier. So I agree wholeheartedly with B4.

And it would be good to actually compete for a trophy. Isn't that why football teams exist? This is the one major trophy a top Championship team has a realistic (if slim) chance of winning if everything falls right.

Sith Happens
5 hours ago, FindernRam said:

Cups are unfortunately these days a chance to give lesser squad players a run out. Nothing more or less until (if) you reach the semis.

This is why its hard to be enthusiastic about it, its not a U23 competition.

Started by the big clubs now everyone follows suit. We have come a cropper so many times against lower league clubs because we dont take it seriously.

Would love a cup run in this or the fa cup.

6 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Why not both

Look we came close a few years ago in this competion and look at bristrol city last season. My point we have a young team that be chopping at the bit for this competion.

By a few, I assume you mean 9 and yes let’s look at Bristol. Got carried away in the cup and league form tanked. One thing or another I’m afraid in our position. Would rather try harder in the league 

1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

Angry that clubs won’t play their strongest teams.. Killed  the game.

Not true of a few managers. Mourinho seems to field his strongest lineup regardless of opposition whereas we deliberately try to lose if we progress. @Angry Ram is right for the most part but we tend to be on runs in the league then the manager outsmarts himself and rests key players for a big cup match then we collapse in the league too. 

Archived