NFL Fantasy 2018-19

r4derby

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I mean in regards to fantasy. Majority of injuries in the NFL are lineman. Fantasy only cares about skill positions on offense, which is a pretty small chunk.

Sure it can cost you a win, but thats just how it goes, and its one game. I dont think including bench scores in case of injury really helps matters - as then people start overvaluing benches and bye weeks start becoming even more of a panic, etc. Hoarding would become a real issue which can really drain the fun out of a league when it happens.

Do other fantasy formats swap out injured payers for you? I don't play any other kind of fantasy.

Pretty sure Fantasy Premier League swaps a player out if they don’t play.

One win will be the difference between play offs or not in this league.

Say you lose Mahomies in the first quarter of a play off game, breaks his throwing hand, that’s you done and dusted.

The week Albert Wilson went off injured I had Amendola on the bench with 20pts. I won anyway but still. 

Don't think you should lose a game because a player gets injured, especially if they don’t even start.

My game v Carnero Carson was listed as questionable, dropped him for Gore but Carson played in the end. Paid off for him in the end as Gore picked up more points, but that could easily have gone the other way and had one of his 20pt weeks. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, David said:

Pretty sure Fantasy Premier League swaps a player out if they don’t play.

One win will be the difference between play offs or not in this league.

Say you lose Mahomies in the first quarter of a play off game, breaks his throwing hand, that’s you done and dusted.

The week Albert Wilson went off injured I had Amendola on the bench with 20pts. I won anyway but still. 

Don't think you should lose a game because a player gets injured, especially if they don’t even start.

My game v Carnero Carson was listed as questionable, dropped him for Gore but Carson played in the end. Paid off for him in the end as Gore picked up more points, but that could easily have gone the other way and had one of his 20pt weeks. 

You know if someone's not going to start before the game begins though, so no real excuse for leaving them in a lineup - unless you just don't adjust your team in which case you aren't bothered about the result anyway.

If Mahomes injures himself and I lose a playoff game because of it so be it. He's part of my team. Chiefs probably lose their game because of it too. I've lost a couple of games in past seasons to injury (one was a playoff game) and won one because of it. It just happens. 

If two teams both get an injured WR - one team started a bust who managed 0pts before getting injured but have a 20pt player on the bench then they get bailed out.
But their opposition brought in a good waiver option to fill in while their main WR had a bye week, who gets 5pts in one quarter before going down. - that's a 15pt swing because someone who's worse at fantasy didn't have a bye week WR on their bench.

I just can't see it myself.

Wouldn’t want that, still want to pick the team and if you have a bench player that scores more than a starter tough.

Only when injuries happen a player gets subbed in and your bench is set in a priority order, again not just grabbing the top scorer but the #1 replacement you have for say a injured WR comes on 

19 minutes ago, Srg said:

David is just describing a Best Ball league, which does exist. Just picks the highest scoring players from your squad every week. Just takes out a lot of decision making from team owners.

I wasn't aware of such a league. It's quite impressive, the variety of NFL Fantasy options there are.

Back to the point at hand,

I still don't think you can have a standard style format where injured players get replaced. Its perfectly possible for a player to score all of the points they would have scored anyway before getting injured, even if they get injured early in the 2nd quarter.

Its also perfectly possible that a player was going to score 0 points even if they stayed healthy. 

Both times the player getting injured would benefit you.

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

Jimmy Graham out injured before HT. Bring in David's rule FFS.

Dno what you're doing playing Graham against the Hawks anyway - he gets all his points on being a big mismatch and the Hawks secondary are big dudes. You'd be getting free points with David's rule - he wasn't ever getting more than 4pts in this game ? 

42 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Nobody wanted him when I was touting him around, now he's a hot property!!

You won't get any understanding from me, sir! 

Meanwhile, I still havent decided on my flex this weekend, and im already 12 points down on the game.

Howard v Vikings

Doctson v Texans

Samuel v Lions 

? the less competent the player, the easier the opposition.

3 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

For free he is. 

Hes not hot when he’s included in a deal with David Johnson going the other way. ?

I think hes of questionable value when free, to be fair.

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

You won't get any understanding from me, sir! 

Meanwhile, I still havent decided on my flex this weekend, and im already 12 points down on the game.

Howard v Vikings

Doctson v Texans

Samuel v Lions 

? the less competent the player, the easier the opposition.

I’m proper stressing out over who to partner Dalvin Cook at RB ?

Murray v Bears whilst likely playing second fiddle to Cook.

Josh Adams v Saints is looking promising, but how involved will he be.

Bernard v Ravens with news today that Mixon might be struggling with his knee again.

??

13 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

I’m proper stressing out over who to partner Dalvin Cook at RB ?

Murray v Bears whilst likely playing second fiddle to Cook.

Josh Adams v Saints is looking promising, but how involved will he be.

Bernard v Ravens with news today that Mixon might be struggling with his knee again.

??

Saints secondary is a problem but our line is dangerous. Unless Adams gets a decent portion of receptions I wouldn't bother.

Murray's probably a better bet, but again only if he's involved in the passing attack, Bears line is also really strong and he's second string.

If Mixon is struggling Bernard seems like your best option. Might have to wait until Sunday morning to decide though.

3 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Saints secondary is a problem but our line is dangerous. Unless Adams gets a decent portion of receptions I wouldn't bother.

Murray's probably a better bet, but again only if he's involved in the passing attack, Bears line is also really strong and he's second string.

If Mixon is struggling Bernard seems like your best option. Might have to wait until Sunday morning to decide though.

Murray can be good in the pass attack, but i doubt he’d get anymore than 1 or 2 targets as Cook will likely get the majority. I was leaning to Murray, but even if Mixon plays, if he has an issue Bernard could be in line for a bigger role...whichever way I go it’s bound to be wrong ? 

Pedersen has said he wants to get the ball to Adams more, and he’ll probably run in a 80 yard touchdown.

Archived