NFL Fantasy 2018-19

r4derby

That’s 3 teams that thought Smallwood would be a handy backup to have and dropped within 2 weeks.

Who’s next to give the poor bloke a e-home? Saint Ram likes to pick up and drop a few strays, he will deny all interest but remember this post.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, David said:

That’s 3 teams that thought Smallwood would be a handy backup to have and dropped within 2 weeks.

Who’s next to give the poor bloke a e-home? Saint Ram likes to pick up and drop a few strays, he will deny all interest but remember this post.

Ive settled on my RBs now. All 3 are bye free and my 4th should make his triumphant return from injury before the season ends - becomes the Texans RB1 when he does.

Its generally WRs that I bounce around.

4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Anthony Miller was my hopeful David Moore replacement. I've settled for Curtis Samuel instead.

Happy to get Doctson for now injured Grant though. MIght be an awful offense but he's now up to their WR1 position due to injuries.

Grant's injury wasnt as bad as first feared?

Just now, Carnero said:

Didn't think Grant injury was as bad as first feared?

A player who's fantasy points were a complete toss-up when healthy though.

His injury has been described as "week to week" and the Dolphins coach "thinks" he will play "again this season". Not enough for me to keep him around. 

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Ive settled on my RBs now. All 3 are bye free and my 4th should make his triumphant return from injury before the season ends - becomes the Texans RB1 when he does.

Its generally WRs that I bounce around.

As I say, expected you to deny it, we’ll see Smallwood with you shortly ?

5 minutes ago, David said:

It doesn't help that he's got a stupid name and a stupid grin on his face whilst lapping up the millions and taking up valuable roster space.

Wen Dell Small Wood FFS

Pretty happy with my team now. I might swap Dalton out if AJ Green doesn't get healthy in time for Mahomes Bye, but other than that, pretty sure this is the team that's going to scrape into the playoffs and immediately lose.

Does anyone know rules on injured players?

If you have a player in your team who it turns out is injured and doesn't play, but you have another player in that position on the bench who has a game the next day, are you able to swap out the injured player or do you get stuck with the 0 points?

1 minute ago, Carnero said:

Does anyone know rules on injured players?

If you have a player in your team who it turns out is injured and doesn't play, but you have another player in that position on the bench who has a game the next day, are you able to swap out the injured player or do you get stuck with the 0 points?

You can swap out players up until their game kicks off. Once a game has kicked off you can't swap them regardless of their injury status.

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

You can swap out players up until their game kicks off. Once a game has kicked off you can't swap them regardless of their injury status.

Seems a bit harsh if the player is officially deemed inactive!

I need to keep an eye on Jimmy Graham's status tomorrow then.

Tough gig this management lark!

1 minute ago, Carnero said:

Seems a bit harsh if the player is officially deemed inactive!

I need to keep an eye on Jimmy Graham's status tomorrow then.

Tough gig this management lark!

So similar to our football with our matchday squad deadline an hour before KO - NFL has a similar deadline for any last minute decisions. As long as you remember to double check ahead of their kick off you should be fine.

Just make sure whoever you're potentially swapping him out with doesn't start their game first ? 

That’s what’s pretty crap about this game, take that result of mine which Carnero still enjoys to this day against Tucker, a day before the game Carlos Hyde joins the Jags, doesn’t play, as you know RB backups are hard to come by. That’s my bad on trading, can handle that.

But during the game Albert Wilson goes off injured!

If the player doesn’t complete more than 50% of the game due to injury, they should swap in a player. Use your bench as a priority system. 

Or even split the points, you earn the points your sub earns from the point your starting player leaves the field. 

6 minutes ago, David said:

That’s what’s pretty crap about this game, take that result of mine which Carnero still enjoys to this day against Tucker, a day before the game Carlos Hyde joins the Jags, doesn’t play, as you know RB backups are hard to come by. That’s my bad on trading, can handle that.

But during the game Albert Wilson goes off injured!

If the player doesn’t complete more than 50% of the game due to injury, they should swap in a player. Use your bench as a priority system. 

Or even split the points, you earn the points your sub earns from the point your starting player leaves the field. 

I don't think that's needed. 

Injuries aren't super common, sure its unlucky but its just part of the process. If its a good player, they usually put up points in the game they get injured anyway.

For example, in the game you bring up, your alternatives were Willie Snead, who managed the same score as Wilson so it would've made no difference, and Hyde who didn't play. 

EDIT: Scratch that, I didnt see Danny up there. Used to that being the QB Bench spot. But my point is that 6.60 pts isn't great but it is a return, and more than a lot of WRs would have put up that week. 

Just now, SaintRam said:

I don't think that's needed. 

Injuries aren't super common, sure its unlucky but its just part of the process. If its a good player, they usually put up points in the game they get injured anyway.

For example, in the game you bring up, your alternatives were Willie Snead, who managed the same score as Wilson so it would've made no difference and Hyde who didn't play. 

Injuries are not common? You serious?

Players are always going down! 

It’s not like the team plays on a man down. Point score it by the quarters, goes down 5 minutes into the 2nd and misses the 3rd quarter completely, earn points from a backup 3rd quarter. 

Always going to be an element of luck in this game, but a player missing large chunks of the game could cost you the win.

Just now, Carnero said:

Like being the 3rd lowest scorer yet placed 4th in the league above the 3rd highest scorer, for example.

Well if I had more luck I would have more points scored on the board, you wouldn’t want that as I would be top ?

13 minutes ago, David said:

Injuries are not common? You serious?

Players are always going down! 

It’s not like the team plays on a man down. Point score it by the quarters, goes down 5 minutes into the 2nd and misses the 3rd quarter completely, earn points from a backup 3rd quarter. 

Always going to be an element of luck in this game, but a player missing large chunks of the game could cost you the win.

I mean in regards to fantasy. Majority of injuries in the NFL are lineman. Fantasy only cares about skill positions on offense, which is a pretty small chunk.

Sure it can cost you a win, but thats just how it goes, and its one game. I dont think including bench scores in case of injury really helps matters - as then people start overvaluing benches and bye weeks start becoming even more of a panic, etc. Hoarding would become a real issue which can really drain the fun out of a league when it happens.

Do other fantasy formats swap out injured payers for you? I don't play any other kind of fantasy.

13 minutes ago, Carnero said:

This.

The problem with that is that a player can gain ALL of their points for a game in one quarter.

If you have a player, lets say Kamara, who scores 2 TDs in the first quarter as he often does (his usage gets lighter as a game goes on), then gets injured during the second. Your backup then isn't filling in for points missed - they're just adding even more points on top of it. 

Sure it sucks to lose because of an injury, but winning because of one doesn't make any sense and would be very possible.

Even a more realistic example is that you have a star RB who tears it up for the 2 quarters and grabs you 30+ pts. Then goes out of the game with a small issue - in a game where they probably wouldn't be used in the 3rd or 4th quarters anyway. But because its officially an injury, the second half you then get some backup from a poo team step in - who then gets a garbage time TD in the 4th quarter, as losing teams often do.

Just not realistic, imo.

Archived