Second best kit in the championship

Tamworthram

7 minutes ago, BobbyTheReadingFan said:

For child shirts they can't fit the sponsor on I think

At least that's my guess as Reading don't have any sponsors on child tops and we have an energy drink sponsoring us 

I suspect energy drinks fit in the same category as alcohol. Can’t have alcohol or gambling advertising on kids strips, so I imagine it’s the same for energy drinks. You really don’t want to be encouraging kids to drink energy drinks. It’s very, very bad for the kids (as well as being very bad for the parents, who needs their kids to have more energy?!)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The gambling sponsorship reminds me of cigarette money in motorsport.

Fag companies couldn’t afford to not be in motorsport years ago and for several decades, the winners of Grand Prix, rallies and Le Mans were covered in Marlboro, Silk Cut, Camel, Rothmans, Benson and Hedges and many more. Those firms were pushed out of advertising in lots of places in the latter half of the 20th century and found a home, competing against each other on track directly and against each other in the stands and hospitality suites giving out free fags and promotional offers. It was also seen as a way of building brand loyalty and normalising the brands.

Even now, my dad who’s a quitter and dead set against smoking, goes all soppy and nostalgic when he sees a Camel-sponsored Lotus. Wtf?!???

Exactly the same is happening with gambling sponsorship in football now. We’ll get used to it, forget we’re supposed to be cross about it and just accept it as the norm. Then a time will come when it will be legislated against and these sponsors will define an era, and your 32 Red Derby shirt will fetch a lot of money if you look after it.

36 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

I just saw a kid in town with the new Derby top on without the sponsor - is that because they can't put gambling sponsors on kids tops?? 

Anyway it looks brilliant without the sponsor - I reckon I'd buy one if I could get that 32red off.

Junior kits dont have them on cos it's a gambling company. 

https://www.bestbettingsites.uk/news/society/football-clubs-continue-to-sell-childrens-kits-featuring-gambling-sponsorship.html

I run an u12s and The FA have guidelines re Pubs etc.

There was a recent story where a tattoo parlour sponsored a youth team in Birmingham (i think) and the local FA weren't happy

This from FA website.

'Without limiting the effect of the above, in the case of a team comprising players all under the age of 18 years on 31 August in the current season, the appearance on or incorporation in any item of Clothing of any reference whatsoever to a product, service or other activity which is considered by The Association as detrimental to the welfare, health or general interest of young persons, or is otherwise considered inappropriate, having regard to the age of the players, is prohibited.

It is the view of The Association that examples of such products, services or related activities would include, but are not limited to, age restricted products, services and related activities such as alcohol and gambling. Generally, reference to a public house or restaurant may   be permissible, unless the establishment primarily or exclusively exists for the supply and consumption of alcohol (which is likely to be reflected in its alcohol licensing conditions). Alcoholic drinks, breweries and products, services or activities related to gambling are unlikely to be permissible under any circumstances"

Sorry i couldnt paste a link. It downloads as a pdf.

3 minutes ago, Charlie Dram said:

Junior kits dont have them on cos it's a gambling company. 

https://www.bestbettingsites.uk/news/society/football-clubs-continue-to-sell-childrens-kits-featuring-gambling-sponsorship.html

I run an u12s and The FA have guidelines re Pubs etc.

There was a recent story where a tattoo parlour sponsored a youth team in Birmingham (i think) and the local FA weren't happy

This from FA website.

'Without limiting the effect of the above, in the case of a team comprising players all under the age of 18 years on 31 August in the current season, the appearance on or incorporation in any item of Clothing of any reference whatsoever to a product, service or other activity which is considered by The Association as detrimental to the welfare, health or general interest of young persons, or is otherwise considered inappropriate, having regard to the age of the players, is prohibited.

It is the view of The Association that examples of such products, services or related activities would include, but are not limited to, age restricted products, services and related activities such as alcohol and gambling. Generally, reference to a public house or restaurant may   be permissible, unless the establishment primarily or exclusively exists for the supply and consumption of alcohol (which is likely to be reflected in its alcohol licensing conditions). Alcoholic drinks, breweries and products, services or activities related to gambling are unlikely to be permissible under any circumstances"

Sorry i couldnt paste a link. It downloads as a pdf.

So does this mean that Sibley or Bogle would come on wearing blank shirts?

6 hours ago, BobbyTheReadingFan said:

Grow up 

For the record, I've not bought or worn a football shirt since I was about 11 (and I'm 34 now).  The worst type of football fan is someone like you, who tells people HOW they should be enjoying football.

I've seen people like you comment on how you're not a proper fan if you:

- Don't stand at games

- Don't to away games

- Don't sing/chant or make noise

- Wear a shirt

If all you are interested in is the action on the pitch then fine.  But don't go criticising other fans that are also intrigued and interested to see this years kits, the state of the pitch, who the latest board member is, the new marketing schemes, new community initiatives, etc... 

Some have an interest outside the 90 minutes of football 

Wow, that is one amazing barrel load of stereotyped guff you have mustered from one comment. I don't like replica kits, you obviously do. But don't pretend that somehow gives you the right to box me off as someone who therefore doesn't like to stand at games or who goes to away games.

You have no clue, and your pretending to do so shows up more of your own prejudices than you may realise.

4 hours ago, Duracell said:

So does this mean that Sibley or Bogle would come on wearing blank shirts?

“in the case of a team comprising players all under the age of 18 years on 31 August in the current season”

The team wouldn’t be all under 18. Came on v Coventry in pre season wearing the shirt with sponsor 

068AC9AA-F1A0-4B2A-8EE8-11B7AA54C9FF.jpeg

Archived