Fire Safety Certificate For Flags

Burtonsheep

The last time I attempted to take my flag to an away game(Barnsley last year) The steward told me my flag was not allowed in, as it did not have a fire safety certificate. Anyone else had this trouble?

Was thinking of taking it to Reading Friday but don’t want it being confiscated again. 

Thanks in advance 

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Burtonsheep said:

The last time I attempted to take my flag to an away game(Barnsley last year) The steward told me my flag was not allowed in, as it did not have a fire safety certificate. Anyone else had this trouble?

Was thinking of taking it to Reading Friday but don’t want it being confiscated again. 

Thanks in advance 

I had similar at Sheff Weds a number of years ago, but as it wasn't going on seats it wasn't an issue. All clubs do this I believe - better off contacting them before hand.

• 1 year later...

I was going to take my large flag down to pride park To put behind the goal but have been asked to provide a fire safety certificate for it as it is well over the maximum size, it looks like you can get flags treated and then certified, does any body know of any where local to Derby that I could get this done, I don’t fancy sending it in the post anywhere in case it gets lost as it is the old one off the main stand of the Baseball Ground, any help much appreciated thanks ??

2543DE3B-2816-4281-91B3-2AF19FA006D4.jpeg

On 31/07/2018 at 15:30, Burtonsheep said:

Thanks in advance 

Yes mate I had this once against Sheffield wednesday and not took to away games since but I take to home games.

Maybe talk to flag man he be best bet to ask mate or try contacting Derby county.

40 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

I was going to take my large flag down to pride park To put behind the goal but have been asked to provide a fire safety certificate for it as it is well over the maximum size, it looks like you can get flags treated and then certified, does any body know of any where local to Derby that I could get this done, I don’t fancy sending it in the post anywhere in case it gets lost as it is the old one off the main stand of the Baseball Ground, any help much appreciated thanks ??

2543DE3B-2816-4281-91B3-2AF19FA006D4.jpeg

Considering what the flag is, and where it's been, I'd have thought Mel would designate someone at the club to sort out, and for him to stump up for the bill.

Let's face it, it ain't no "ordinary" flag!

Over to you, Mr Morris... What d'ya say!   ??

4 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Considering what the flag is, and where it's been, I'd have thought Mel would designate someone at the club to sort out, and for him to stump up for the bill.

Let's face it, it ain't no "ordinary" flag!

Over to you, Mr Morris... What d'ya say!   ??

I’d definitely try this, it’s a historically important flag! Or a whip round so it can become the official unofficial forum flag? I’d gladly stick in a tenner towards it!

I did a quick google for fire safety certs and can’t find any in Derby but there’s plenty online that treat flags and issue certs. A recorded courier wouldn’t be much and should be just as safe as taking it in to a shop? There’s also forums mentioning that Fire Stations issue certs, I dunno how true it is and not sure how they’d test it without setting fire to it but being of a certain age it’s probably made of asbestos anyway

Personally... and this is quite ironic, seeing as I can only assume this is how @loweman2 gets most of his shirts for his impressive collection... but if I were Mel, I'd be making @loweman2 an offer he couldn't refuse, and i'd be flying this beauty from high up on the main stand of my stadium, where some would argue "It belongs".
I bet even @loweman2 has his price!  ?

It's part of The Club's history, when all said and done.   ?

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Personally... and this is quite ironic, seeing as I can only assume this is how @loweman2 gets most of his shirts for his impressive collection... but if I were Mel, I'd be making @loweman2 an offer he couldn't refuse, and i'd be flying this beauty from high up on the main stand of my stadium, where some would argue "It belongs".
I bet even @loweman2 has his price!  ?

It's part of The Club's history, when all said and done.   ?

Everything I have will hopefully one day be on show in some form at the ground but the club for the past forty years has shown no interest in the past, there is no money to be made from the past some would say ?
That’s why a few of us have set up the rams heritage group to salvage these items, pay a hefty price for them and then ensure that they are preserved for the next generations of rams fans.

hopefully at some point the club will see that there is a way to blend the past with the future and we can have a museum not necessarily to show off cups and medals as we would be sadly lacking but somewhere to show how the club has grown and evolved.

as always thanks for the support.

there is a bit of stiff competition for the shirt collecting nowdays so if anybody has anything that they feel I may be missing then of course please let me know.

the original and the best ???

Archived