Vitamins/Supplements

AmericanRam

Iron, Vit A, Vit B12, Vit D, Calcium are probably the most common ones that people fall short of, all can be addressed through diet and you don't need to pop pills, unless your body has issues in retaining or absorbing certain vits and minerals.

Also with pills you get a massive hit.  So taking Vit A tablets, unless required to, is pointless, as the body doesn't store vit A, as it is quite toxic, so it will just use the very little it needs and discard the rest.  Certain animal livers are so rich in Vit A, eating them could actually kill the person.

Just google nutrient dense foods and there will be pleanty of lists that will help you choose a food type that you can add in to your current diet, or you will discover you already have it.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Berocca for me,I buy the Aldi equivalent for a third of the price,3charcoal tablets and a bit of Bragg’s AppleCider vinegar in a morning.

A protein shake in the morning if I can’t eat any breakfast and one after(if)I go to the gym.

The Berroca equivalent I have because it helps with stress and if you’re excercising and are 50.

I have no idea on the Apple cider vinegar and charcoal but I thought I would try it.

A protein shake after training is a habit I’ve had all my life and I read as many articles that it’s a waste of money as I do about the positives.

GP advised me to take fish oil capsules, as I have high blood pressure and a family history of heart problems. 

I also take a multivitamin, as I’m on a low carb diet, which limits fruit intake to almost zero and I hate most veg. 

On ‎16‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 07:22, David said:

Grab vitamin D from the sun now, soon as it pops out to say hello I whip on a vest and g string then head out into the garden.

I think that scientists reckon that the sunlight wavelengths here in the winter don't give us enough vitamin D and so ought to be supplemented. 

So it's vitamin D3 and Vegan DHA & EPA for me.

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I think that scientists reckon that the sunlight wavelengths here in the winter don't give us enough vitamin D and so ought to be supplemented. 

So it's vitamin D3 and Vegan DHA & EPA for me.

And no food can give you the quantity of vitamin D your body needs

Archived