World Cup 2018 thread

jackhasler23

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

They didn't create ANYTHING when they had the ball. That is their job, more than pressuring. They had the ball, and did nothing with it.

Really missed Oxlade Chamberlain this World Cup more than people might have thought 6 months ago. Way he finished season for Liverpool & was growing into England team means he might be even more important to England than dele Alli

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

So if we looked better than we were then aren't we expecting too much? 

I mean I think England are half decent side. They played half decent sides and lost to 1 of them. Kane will get golden boot and we scored what? 12 goals in 6 games? Finally won a knockout game. 

I don't see the big deal to be honest. 

Because Croatia are naff. It was our best ever chance of doing something at a world cup, and we came up short AGAIN. That's the problem. 

1 minute ago, Cool As Custard said:

What a stupid comment - huge difference you ****

11 players who care , play positive attacking football, prepared to take risks on the ball,carry out managers directions & have a positive can do attitude embedded into their identity - you tell me the last England team who did that?

If Frank can embed something similar at Derby with new young fesh & vibrant young players then even this forum might start to have a more positive less cynical outlook 

Personally proud to be English tonight 

So you should be.

This England team is a team, and one thats actually pretty good. Capable of some nice stuff, and not full of dislikable entities, run by a quite likeable manager with a down to earth ethos.

2 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

Don't blame Kane. He relies on service. Our midfield struggle to provide any and apart from the odd moment didn't for the entire tournament. For me it's Alli or Lingard, not both.

Kane had a chance in the first half, and did very little with it (it would have counted with var, because he was onside). Alli and Lingard did very little together.

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Last time we did it, we had harder games. We'll never win another world cup.

I agree with you on that I said at HT that I did not think I would ever see England in wc final. 

I just don't agree with you that they bottled it, they lost to a wiley opponent who remained calm throughout.

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

So if we looked better than we were then aren't we expecting too much? 

I mean I think England are half decent side. They played half decent sides and lost to 1 of them. Kane will get golden boot and we scored what? 12 goals in 6 games? Finally won a knockout game. 

I don't see the big deal to be honest. 

You're not allowed to take any positives from this @Alpha, you're not allowed to have enjoyed our run. You're not allowed to remember that this team was written off before they kicked a ball, nor that they're just kids. Let's just ruin them for 'failing' us like we always do. So much easier.

4 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

Don't blame Kane. He relies on service. Our midfield struggle to provide any and apart from the odd moment didn't for the entire tournament. For me it's Alli or Lingard, not both.

One needs to be replaced by Oxlade Chamberlain when when fit..

Just now, gazram80 said:

I agree with you on that I said at HT that I did not think I would ever see England in wc final. 

I just don't agree with you that they bottled it, they lost to a wiley opponent who remained calm throughout.

That opponent had worse players than we did. That's what hurts. We lost to a team because we have no tactical nous. We dropped deep too early and had little game play after they equalised.

PistoldPete2
3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

There is absolutely shame in losing to Croatia. They have 2 quality players, and the rest of them are bang average. Perisic one of the best midfielders in Europe? Give your head a wobble! 

No bother? We just lost our best ever chance of winning another world cup because we're bottlers. It's absolutely a bother. Pathetic, defeatist attitude. Let's celebrate a 4th place finish. Woo.

We've lost to a better team. Deal with it. It's sad and a crying shame, but no way can you be ashamed of the England players for getting as far as they did. 

Just now, Andicis said:

Kane had a chance in the first half, and did very little with it (it would have counted with var, because he was onside). Alli and Lingard did very little together.

True. He should have squared to Sterling for a tap in. Kids will probably remember that for years like I'll always remeber Gazza being inches away from getting on the end of a cross in 96.

Just now, PistoldPete2 said:

We've lost to a better team. Deal with it. It's sad and a crying shame, but no way can you be ashamed of the England players for getting as far as they did. 

I absolutely can be, and I am. At the end of the day, whether you come 2nd, or 32nd, you're still a loser. This England team will go down as a failure, just like all the others but the 66 team.

(England fan logic...)

England are poo. They'll never win a world cup.

What an embarrassment! We didn't win the world cup! 

Henderson is overrated. Kane is overrated. Lingard is overrated. Stones is overrated. Alli is overrated

Why isn't Lingard having an impact on Modric and Rakitic!! 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

That opponent had worse players than we did. That's what hurts. We lost to a team because we have no tactical nous. We dropped deep too early and had little game play after they equalised.

Did they? Probably only Kane, Sterling, Young and stones would be guarantees to into the Croatia team if we are looking at it objectively 

Subasic- Pickford

Vrsaljko-Trippier

Lovren-Maguire

Henderson-Brovovic 

are 50:50s, there’s not a lot between those players if anything , depends how the manager wants his team to play.

It was there for the taking, that’s it, it was our chance. Proud of the performances throughout the tournament, but fluffed our final lines. So sad, I’m 41 now and dont think I’ll ever see my team or country win anything significant....this was my chance ?

1 minute ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Sometimes, it's better to just put graceless entitled boneheads on 'ignore'.

Credit to croatia. The early goal rocked them badly but they came back. In the last 5-10 minutes before half time they started to play themselves into the game. Thereafter they were the better team. perisic was causing alot of problems. 

we didn't quite have the quality or the numbers in midfield.Tactically they edged it.

Pickford and Trippier were terrific. 

I Expected kane and sterling to get something against their central defenders though.

Fine margins.

Just now, McLovin said:

Did they? Probably only Kane, Sterling, Young and stones would be guarantees to into the Croatia team if we are looking at it objectively 

Subasic- Pickford

Vrsaljko-Trippier

Lovren-Maguire

Henderson-Brovovic 

are 50:50s, there’s not a lot between those players if anything , depends how the manager wants his team to play.

Lovren and Maguire 50-50? Ahahahaha. Lovren is one of the worst defenders in any of the top 6 teams. I would absolutely pick Maguire over him. Same as I'd pick Henderson over Brovovic, Trippier is one of our only player that comes out of this game with credit.

Archived