Mick driving his way over from Suffolk right now

Taribo

Mick Brolly has had a lovely time spending a long weekend on the nearby Norfolk Broads.....

Now in all seriousness, all those weeks ago hearing Mick McCarthy was leaving Ipswich I had a certain feeling of fate. As much as this guy is a hoof merchant and divides opinion, I've a funny feeling Mel would want him in on past record and to finally instil a bit of mental strength in our snowflakes. 

I'm not saying I'd be happy with McM but I do seem to remember TBE was hardly a universally applauded appointment at the time.

Thoughts?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, SamUltraRam said:

In those days a  new manager was here for a few years, now they barely have time to have their  name painted in the club car park 

That's probably because the guy who paints the names in the club car park is an idle bugger.

To be fair to McCarthy, if we're purely looking to get promoted (and bugger the playing style), he's probably got as good a claim as anyone - and he's worked wonders at Ipswich with hardly any money at all. It seems to me that that is the choice Mel has to make - best chance of promotion or potentially pretty football and 'hope'.....

19 hours ago, Taribo said:

I'm not saying I'd be happy with McM but I do seem to remember TBE was hardly a universally applauded appointment at the time.

Thoughts?

I think it's hardly a ringing endorsement. More like, he might not be as crap as we expect?

Archived