Why Do We?

Hollybush

Big ourselves up every year?

I’m as guilty as anyone but we always seem to be bang average.

Doing my head head in again, we ship 7 SEVEN goals against the worst two sides in this division when we’re going for a play off place for the premiership !!!

Craig Ramage doesn’t help me at all when he says Sunderland and Burton are a given 6 points and we get embarrassed beyond belief ?

Burton out THREE past Sunderland away for Gods sake

please convince me I’m wrong, I’ve about had enough

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens

I am not sure we do, I think mostly the expectations were play offs at best this season.

Yes of course we raised expectations when we were 2nd, but think seriously in the years since we got relegated from the PL (The first time), how many seasons have we really bigged ourselves up?

Perhaps the first season back (you've only come to see the champions), maybe the 3 seasons following the play off final we expected better than we got, other than that we havent.

18 minutes ago, Hollybush said:

Big ourselves up every year?

I’m as guilty as anyone but we always seem to be bang average.

Doing my head head in again, we ship 7 SEVEN goals against the worst two sides in this division when we’re going for a play off place for the premiership !!!

Craig Ramage doesn’t help me at all when he says Sunderland and Burton are a given 6 points and we get embarrassed beyond belief ?

Burton put THREE past Sunderland away for Gods sake

please convince me I’m wrong, I’ve about had enough

IMG_5751.PNG

25 minutes ago, Andicis said:

@StringerBell more titles for you to enjoy :lol:.

And in answer to the OP, probably because when you hit the automatic promotion spaces you kinda expect your club to be able to hold on and see it out?

I assume you mean hold onto a play off place but, not necessarily hold onto an automatic promotion place. Otherwise, any team that hit the top two since maybe the turn of the year could say the same. We can't all finish in the top two.

33 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I assume you mean hold onto a play off place but, not necessarily hold onto an automatic promotion place. Otherwise, any team that hit the top two since maybe the turn of the year could say the same. We can't all finish in the top two.

I mean at least a playoff space yes.

Archived