A 10 POINT PLAN, NOT A FINGER IN THE DAM

Comrade 86

Just now, Lambchop said:

Bring back standing and drinking on the terraces and encourage raucous behaviour, I say. Derby women should be shield maidens and warriors. Get rid of the PA system, the screen and half time entertainment. Turn off the central heating, put proper gristle in the pies, and turn playing Derby into a gladiatorial experience to be feared. Let the players know that their bodies and souls are on the line, and that if they fight for the cause they will be heroes. If they fail, they will go down fighting and we will have their backs every step of the way. 

Is that ten?

I would settle for Sam Allardyce sat chewing and 46 boring 1-0 wins, and go up as champions.

(Which brings me back to my captain point - Kevin Nolan ..... sigh)

Then he puts the handbrake on as he did with Bolton in the Prem for ages.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Fair comment mate - an interesting point is that there are numerous models for us to follow, you've cited a good few in your post. As such, we're not re-inventing the wheel just trying to ensure that the parts match the engine, so to speak. I've been dead against us sacking Rowett simply because of the upheaval it would cause but today he lost me because I saw what I perceive to be a lack of loyalty to the players and, perhaps, a clue as to how he lost them in the first place. In front of the cameras, blame the ref, blame the pitch, blame low-flying pigeons if you like just don't single out the players. In the dressing you can roast the ******* all you like, just don't do your laundry in public.

Out of curiosity, who would you look to recruit to replace Rowett, assuming that's the way we go?

It's hard to know who's realistic and who isn't. The names people are mentioning on here sound good though. 

Will Rowett be the one Mel sticks with though. When he should probably have stuck with Mac 1, Wassall, Clement and Mac 2 a bit longer has he learned the lesson? I'm hoping not.

I think I'll feel bad for Rowett though won't you? 

Pearson is a knob but Rowett is alright. Calling for his head feels like a dick move.

2 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

@86 points

Genuinely interested in what Gary said to make you change your mind?

I heard the interview on RD and he said much of what id expect from a manager who's just lost to the bottom of the table club. 

The bit I heard said the players didnt show the passion or commitment for a team looking for the play offs, however the buck stops with him. 

Cheers 

Firstly, “I think Andre (Wisdom) gives the first ball away, and we concede a goal from it' then “Joe Ledley and Bairdy give the next goal away, we concede from it and I think Tom Huddlestone gives the third ball away for the goal'. He then chirps up with, “I’m not trying to name most players to highlight them'. If the players won't play for him, how will comments like this achieve anything bar deflecting attention from his own role?

Don't get me wrong, the players are not immune to criticism, far from it, but since we can't just sack the entire team, the manager is the one who has to go. There's clearly an issue as they are not playing for him - it's not just the mistakes, it's more the lack of fight and professional pride that bothers me. His latest comments will only reinforce the disconnect so for me, this is where it ends. Maybe not before the season is out but unless something miraculous occurs, we should be lining up a replacement to bring in immediately after season end.

7 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

I watched a bit of that 'When England Ruled Europe' program about English club success in Europe in the 60s-80s. Reminded me how b****y terrifying Graeme Souness was/is.

After football he successfully carved out a second career as a gangland enforcer.*

* I made this up, no legal action required!

6 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

Bring back standing and drinking on the terraces and encourage raucous behaviour, I say. Derby women should be shield maidens and warriors. Get rid of the PA system, the screen and half time entertainment. Turn off the central heating, put proper gristle in the pies, and turn playing Derby into a gladiatorial experience to be feared. Let the players know that their bodies and souls are on the line, and that if they fight for the cause they will be heroes. If they fail, they will go down fighting and we will have their backs every step of the way. 

Is that ten?

Fookin 'ell Lambchop, you're terrifying! Can you play in midfield by any chance?

5 minutes ago, Alpha said:

It's hard to know who's realistic and who isn't. The names people are mentioning on here sound good though. 

Will Rowett be the one Mel sticks with though. When he should probably have stuck with Mac 1, Wassall, Clement and Mac 2 a bit longer has he learned the lesson? I'm hoping not.

I think I'll feel bad for Rowett though won't you? 

Pearson is a knob but Rowett is alright. Calling for his head feels like a dick move.

I know what you mean. Even now my resolve is wavering but I've fought his corner all bloody season and today is where it stops. The irony is that I never really wanted him here in the first place yet I've defended him to folk who were screaming to get him in. It's mad when you think about it. 

I think he'll be ok somewhere down the line as I suspect he'll learn plenty from his time at the club, again assuming he will be leaving. I've gone full circle inside 24 hours but in my mind I know exactly why. Whether I'm right or not ultimately doesn't matter as nobody's going to care what I think unduly. I do like Gary but today he made a critical error in my book at least.

3 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Firstly, “I think Andre (Wisdom) gives the first ball away, and we concede a goal from it' then “Joe Ledley and Bairdy give the next goal away, we concede from it and I think Tom Huddlestone gives the third ball away for the goal'. He then chirps up with, “I’m not trying to name most players to highlight them'. If the players won't play for him, how will comments like this achieve anything bar deflecting attention from his own role?

Don't get me wrong, the players are not immune to criticism, far from it, but since we can't just sack the entire team, the manager is the one who has to go. There's clearly an issue as they are not playing for him - it's not just the mistakes, it's more the lack of fight and professional pride that bothers me. His latest comments will only reinforce the disconnect so for me, this is where it ends. Maybe not before the season is out but unless something miraculous occurs, we should be lining up a replacement to bring in immediately after season end.

Cheers, thanks for the reply. 

I did hear that bit about the players. I read it as enough is enough, Ill name them and hopefully they react and show me next week how well they can play. 

As you say though, chances are it goes the other way and they think 'stuff you'. 

Big week for him and it will be a test of his character. I think most fans will want to see the team on the front foot next week, no standing off and sitting deep,  but god help him if Boro score early. 

6 minutes ago, 86 points said:

I know what you mean. Even now my resolve is wavering but I've fought his corner all bloody season and today is where it stops. The irony is that I never really wanted him here in the first place yet I've defended him to folk who were screaming to get him in. It's mad when you think about it. 

I think he'll be ok somewhere down the line as I suspect he'll learn plenty from his time at the club, again assuming he will be leaving. I've gone full circle inside 24 hours but in my mind I know exactly why. Whether I'm right or not ultimately doesn't matter as nobody's going to care what I think unduly. I do like Gary but today he made a critical error in my book at least.

Now you're one of the baddies there's a secret that the good guys don't know. If Rowett proves us wrong we will actually be happy!!

Just now, CWC1983 said:

Cheers, thanks for the reply. 

I did hear that bit about the players. I read it as enough is enough, Ill name them and hopefully they react and show me next week how well they can play. 

As you say though, chances are it goes the other way and they think 'stuff you'. 

Big week for him and it will be a test of his character. I think most fans will want to see the team on the front foot next week, no standing off and sitting deep,  but god help him if Boro score early. 

Again I get where you're coming from bud but in recent weeks he has consistently talked about errors on the pitch without alluding to himself, he's just stopped short of naming names. And if the players were suddenly to react positively, what would that say about them? It's a bad place to be right now whatever way we look at it. To be honest I don't really care so much about the season in isolation it's more the direction we seem to be heading in.

3 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Now you're one of the baddies there's a secret that the good guys don't know. If Rowett proves us wrong we will actually be happy!!

So bloody true :lol: It's going to sound weird but as I wrote the post I asked myself that question - it wasn't hard to answer!

1 minute ago, 86 points said:

You should fit in perfectly then. A Pay-Per-Play contract good with you? :ph34r:

As long as it averages out to minimum wage over the season. 

See, if Rowett had managed to create something like a modern day version of the crazy gang, I could have gone along with it, even if I was watching on ceefax.

It really is the lack of attacking intent, not the rudimentary style, which lets him down. 

27 minutes ago, RamNut said:

It seems like only yesterday you were accusing others of incessant whining for saying pretty much the same things that you now  advocate.

I know and if you look at the match thread I've stated exactly that and explained why. By way of further explanation, I've never taken issue with the constructive criticism, it's the 'he's ****, he's a ******* type BS I can't abide along with the incessant sniping with no suggestions being offered. Hence this thread!

What you've and quite a few others have failed to understand along the way is that I have agreed with a lot of the criticism all along I've just chosen not to voice those opinions. I think that goes for numerous other so-called Rowett fanboys and happy-clappers on this forum too. In fact, I'm certain of it. My post also highlighted the primary reason for me being in the retain camp as being stability but it became crushingly obvious to me today that there is none and I'm fighting for something that doesn't even exist. I'm not slagging off Gary in any case, and I never would, what I'm saying is that today I lost the faith and I've tried my best to explain why.

6 minutes ago, 86 points said:

I know and if you look at the match thread I've stated exactly that and explained why. By way of further explanation, I've never taken issue with the constructive criticism, it's the 'he's ****, he's a ******* type BS I can't abide along with the incessant sniping with no suggestions being offered. Hence this thread!

What you've and quite a few others have failed to understand along the way is that I have agreed with a lot of the criticism all along I've just chosen not to voice those opinions. I think that goes for numerous other so-called Rowett fanboys and happy-clappers on this forum too. In fact, I'm certain of it. My post also highlighted the primary reason for me being in the retain camp as being stability but it became crushingly obvious to me today that there is none and I'm fighting for something that doesn't even exist. I'm not slagging off Gary in any case, and I never would, what I'm saying is that today I lost the faith and I've tried my best to explain why.

You did explain why today,86 points and it took a bit of doing in sure,well done.

Having said that you basically told me I was a miserable ******* a few weeks ago for not believing in the rowett dream.

You owe me a pint in the East stand concourse of you want to fully make it up.

1 minute ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

You did explain why today,86 points and it took a bit of doing in sure.

Having said that you basically told me I was a miserable ******* a few weeks ago for not believing in the rowett dream.

You owe me a pint in the East stand concourse of you want to fully make it up.

Im guessing. 86 points. Like me thought GR would turn it around

3 minutes ago, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

Yeah me to. Just read that on DET website. Wasnt at the game so cant comment. Strange how he said he wasnt nameing and shaming then named and shamed!

And that's precisely the moment he lost me. I watched the game, resisted the urge to join in the chorus of **** off Rowett type comments and was steeling myself to try and find something positive to say and then he went and did that.

I've fought his corner enough I reckon,  given it's only been one season. 

Archived