Brian Clough 1973

Spanish

looking for something on John Sadler the Sun journo and came across this which is the first time I have seen it

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2007/sep/25/chelsea.premierleague

here is a snippet which should whet the appetite

Allow me to take you back to those unforgettable days in the autumn of 1973 when, for days on end, the street outside Derby's ramshackle Baseball Ground was jammed with media and fans. The place was under siege while, inside, the players were seriously planning a sit-down strike - a blank refusal to take part in a home match against Leicester scheduled for the Saturday. I was among a handful of newspapermen privileged to report the revolution from inside the premises where the players stormed through the place yelling their dissatisfaction and demands that Clough be reinstated

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Spanish said:

looking for something on John Sadler the Sun journo and came across this which is the first time I have seen it

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2007/sep/25/chelsea.premierleague

here is a snippet which should whet the appetite

Allow me to take you back to those unforgettable days in the autumn of 1973 when, for days on end, the street outside Derby's ramshackle Baseball Ground was jammed with media and fans. The place was under siege while, inside, the players were seriously planning a sit-down strike - a blank refusal to take part in a home match against Leicester scheduled for the Saturday. I was among a handful of newspapermen privileged to report the revolution from inside the premises where the players stormed through the place yelling their dissatisfaction and demands that Clough be reinstated

Watched the damned united last night,I know it's not entirely accurate but it reminded me of what a massive **** up the club made.

5 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Watched the damned united last night,I know it's not entirely accurate but it reminded me of what a massive **** up the club made.

To be fair, Brian brought it on himself.

Derby ******* up when they got rid of Mackay far too early in some belief that Brian would come back. He chose not to come back.

We then suffered with poor management appointments up until Arthur Cox arrived.

Remember even before Cloughy arrived at Derby i was one of the idiots outside the ground chanting

"We want Ward sack the Board".Self serving priviledged t.......ssers they were back then even.Hired the best 

manager in the game then forced him out because of sheer vanity,so sad.

26 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

loved the film and the book

My very unpopular view is that at that time BC was a very difficult guy to 'manage' and sam longson probably had no idea how to control him.  At the time I was fuming but time gives a different perspective I suppose.  Crying shame really because I think we would have bossed the league and maybe more through the 70's with a different outcome

5 minutes ago, CROSSWORD said:

Remember even before Cloughy arrived at Derby i was one of the idiots outside the ground chanting

"We want Ward sack the Board".Self serving priviledged t.......ssers they were back then even.Hired the best 

manager in the game then forced him out because of sheer vanity,so sad.

can't be so?  I thought the internet was the place that sort of thing happened and before then everybody were happy as larry's:)

Archived