Good results for us today

kyle mccabe

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone who thinks that Derby County's chance of automatic promotion does not depend on other teams' results is not looking at the same table as me.

See Fulham v Aston Villa result over which we had no influence. 

Three less points behind Aston Villa than we might have been is a big deal.

We need goals from Jerome, Lawrence, Johnson, Nugent, Palmer, Weimann and Anya 

A key goal or two from Davies, Keogh, Huddlestone etc will not go amiss either.

In short we need CLINICAL FINISHING IN TIGHT GAMES and a bit of luck

3 hours ago, Derby blood said:

Shock, horror, can not be? Villa have lost, posters were on here saying they would not lose another game lol, it will be close between Us, Villa, Fulham and Cardiff, but guess what I feel , it could be our year, and if not, what's wrong with backing your own team, 6 points in our next two games, against Leeds and Reading, then who knows were we will be, 14 games left, could be a very exciting end to the season, let's all enjoy the ride, so happy to be in this position at this time of year, Forest would give anything to be were we are right now.

No shock here, Villa were just on one heck of a run and Fulham looked the best chance to derail them. For me though it was more a slight sense of disappointment knowing they had Fulham away looming and just at the point when Bristol had faded, we unfortunately have our blip against Wednesday.

As you say, it’s adding to the excitement, plenty of ups and downs to come on this rollercoaster. Bit of luck with referees might have turned a few draws to wins since the new year, that it didn’t shows tiny margins can make a difference; reckon we a prime overdue a penalty against the dirties Wednesday and maybe back equal 2nd with luck.

18 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Anyone who thinks that Derby County's chance of automatic promotion does not depend on other teams' results is not looking at the same table as me.

See Fulham v Aston Villa result over which we had no influence. 

Three less points behind Aston Villa than we might have been is a big deal.

We need goals from Jerome, Lawrence, Johnson, Nugent, Palmer, Weimann and Anya 

A key goal or two from Davies, Keogh, Huddlestone etc will not go amiss either.

In short we need CLINICAL FINISHING IN TIGHT GAMES and a bit of luck

What we need is HABITUAL RELENTLESS WINNING. Nothing more, nothing less. Eh @Parsnip? Eh?

39 minutes ago, Rampage said:

14 games to go. Team that wins 10 and draws 2 gets automatic promotion, I guess.

Only brownie points for remaining unbeaten but drawing a lot of games.

We need to beat Fulham and Cardiff and Aston Villa to dominate.

id bet none of the teams going for 2nd will win 10.

too many teams got to play each other, and too much to play for with the teams just outside the top 6, and teams trying to stay up.

Archived