Optimist or Pessimist

Rab a dab doo

I'm an optimist. We're going to finish far higher than anyone expected. What a season it's been!

Plus, we're a far more resilient side than we've ever been and if there's any Derby side in the last 10 years equipped to deal with a slight lack of wins, it's the one that has been crafting out draws from less than ideal results - i.e. This one. 

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Purely based on gut feeling I look at the top two and I reckon they're too strong for us at this point, especially with the momentum Villa have at the minute.

However, I look at the play off teams and think we could take any of them on our day. The last few times we've been in the play offs I've been worried about 1 or 2 teams, but this year I think it's us they'll all be worried about.

4 hours ago, King Kevin said:

This doesn't land well with me but I don't know what to make of Derby as a team .I think the defence is well on top of their game ,I watched the interaction between the players on Saturday and they are well in control and I say this despite the two centre backs looking more shaky than they have for a long time .

The midfield is a cause for concern ,BJ doesn't work well with TH ,George is not back to his best yet [understandably] and Ledley has been out and needs to play again IMO .It's also very slow Norwich ran rings round it .

Losing JR is losing a number as he Anya and  AW are all ok and on a par, I feel if we had real ambitions of promotion a top winger was a necessity.Looks like we tried but it didn't come off  we may live to regret that. TL has ability needs to start making it count.

It's a blow losing SW but providing everyone stays fit them CJ ,DN and MV should see us through .

We are doing better than I expected but I don't think we will make the top two thats being realistic not pessimistic .They just don't convince me .

I knew Mel had sacked a tish load of managers but there’s a whole bunch of initials from the manager’s jackets I don’t recognise. Another 10 in fact. :ph34r:

BJ, TH, JR, AW, TL, SW, CJ, DN, MV and IMO :lol:

21 hours ago, RamNut said:

I don't think we will go up.

i think wolves and villa will pull away.

i think we will end up scrapping it out with cardiff, fulham, sheff utd, bristol city etc .

not sure why that should make me a pessimist but it probably will.

No having looked at the probabilities, you are being realistic. We aren't a good cup tie team, hence peoples apprehension regarding play offs.  

8 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

I'm an engineer and think if the glass is half full or even half empty it's twice as big as it needs to be!

Sounds more like a QS.

Archived