By the time we play Leeds...

gccrowdpleaser

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

You are right of course about Mac being sacked BUT he did appear to have a roving eye in Newcastle's direction. Put it this way.......Imagine your girlfriend started eying up another fellah. You question her about it and she sort of denies it but doesn't sound very convincing. All of a sudden the relationship is not the same. Do you continue with her longer term of do you move on? Mel moved on and so sacked Steve. Funnily enough in the scenario I painted she ended up with the other fellah! 

I'd say it's more like you suspected her of playing around, so gave her a smack and then were surprised when she ran to the other fella for comfort.

10 hours ago, SaintRam said:

....with the added extra that we came from 4-1 down to draw 4-4 before he took over due to a team talk.

I can't believe this one still does the rounds. Why would he not have already spoken to the players pregame, if he was willing to speak to them at half time? I suspect that if we had lost 4-1, the half time teamtalk wouldn't have been brought up. If we'd gone in 4 nil up at half time, we'd have heard that he spoke to them pregame

The signs were right there from the start; kamikaze football...

3 hours ago, Ramchop said:

I can't believe this one still does the rounds. Why would he not have already spoken to the players pregame, if he was willing to speak to them at half time? I suspect that if we had lost 4-1, the half time teamtalk wouldn't have been brought up. If we'd gone in 4 nil up at half time, we'd have heard that he spoke to them pregame

The signs were right there from the start; kamikaze football...

Obviously we don't know the facts but it was a clear McClaren tactical change at half time that swung the game, we went from 442 to 433 with Eustace brought on in the anchor position. Surely if Macca had his say before hand we'd had lined up like that from the start and not had to make such drastic changes at half time... 

The only signs I saw from then on were bigger win percentages, positive football and a climb in league position. Three things lacking for the previous 6/7 years before his appointment. 

14 hours ago, Seaside Sam said:

wrong Gary Rowett is

Gary Rowett could be the best manager since Billy but he hasn't even got us to the play-offs yet.

I expect he will do so but if you are comparing managers you have to use the same criteria for each of them.

McClaren has been stated to be a failure by some on here because he didn't get us promoted, that's a very high bar and as of today it is far too early to say Rowett will do so.

20 minutes ago, sunnyhill60 said:

Gary Rowett could be the best manager since Billy but he hasn't even got us to the play-offs yet.

I expect he will do so but if you are comparing managers you have to use the same criteria for each of them.

McClaren has been stated to be a failure by some on here because he didn't get us promoted, that's a very high bar and as of today it is far too early to say Rowett will do so.

Actually the lost Wembley final wasn't not such a enormous failure, because it was a sort of roulette in which QPR has been more lucky by playing last 30 minutes of the match with only 10 players on the pitch.

The bigger failure for me personally was missed Play-Offs in the last game of the season 2014-2015 against Reading.

George Burley has also achieved Play-Offs and he has also lost against "Billy the Dwarf".

7 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Obviously we don't know the facts but it was a clear McClaren tactical change at half time that swung the game, we went from 442 to 433 with Eustace brought on in the anchor position. Surely if Macca had his say before hand we'd had lined up like that from the start and not had to make such drastic changes at half time... 

The only signs I saw from then on were bigger win percentages, positive football and a climb in league position. Three things lacking for the previous 6/7 years before his appointment. 

What I saw was Simmo in the dugout before half time, and a roll of the dice at half time. We didn't start 433 because we hadn't trained it (imo), but at 3 goals down, why not make a change? It was the famous Mcclaren tactical change. First and last one he did for us in 2 spells.

The assumption was that he was in the stands to give Wassall his space, yet with hindsight, that wasn't the case at all. He took what became his usual spot, and had his team in the dugout for the majority of the game. Yes, he gets credit for making the change. No, it wasn't a few words he said that made a difference, it was a big unexpected tactical swing and new manager bounce that did it.

5 hours ago, Aries Sun said:

Actually the lost Wembley final wasn't not such a enormous failure, because it was a sort of roulette in which QPR has been more lucky by playing last 30 minutes of the match with only 10 players on the pitch.

The bigger failure for me personally was missed Play-Offs in the last game of the season 2014-2015 against Reading.

George Burley has also achieved Play-Offs and he has also lost against "Billy the Dwarf".

Wembley?  just thought we played to their strengths by playing out to the flanks.  they were comfortable on crosses but panicked  every time we ran at them which wasn't enough.  In the end we were unlucky though

Reading result was just awful and the subsequent sacking was no surprise to me

7 hours ago, sunnyhill60 said:

I know who's team I would rather watch,we actually seem to have a plan b now something we haven't had for a very long time

3 hours ago, Spanish said:

Wembley?  just thought we played to their strengths by playing out to the flanks.  they were comfortable on crosses but panicked  every time we ran at them which wasn't enough.  In the end we were unlucky though

Reading result was just awful and the subsequent sacking was no surprise to me

In the football or any other team sport, the things are quite simple and exact, the team that scores 1 goal/point more than its opponents in the final game - wins.

No matter how good you played in that match and or how good you performed during the season, everything comes up to a one goal/point difference at the end.

It's not fair, but that's how it goes.

Archived