By the time we play Leeds...

gccrowdpleaser

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Easiest win of the year for us if he’s in charge. Hope he gets it. Will be a good laugh watching them, better even than Newcastle.

It's quite sad how desperate you are to attack our best manager in recent years. I don't know what he or Chris Martin has done to upset you so much. It mostly comes across as attention seeking though.

1 hour ago, wixman1884 said:

It's quite sad how desperate you are to attack our best manager in recent years. I don't know what he or Chris Martin has done to upset you so much. It mostly comes across as attention seeking though.

Best manager? Here we go again. 

Watching Mac bomb at Newcastle was extremely entertaining for most Derby supporters. Grass not so green for him was it? I do not have any great desire to see him Leeds or both succeed, but I would find much entertainment value in seeing them paired together. He really is their best bet for dramatic failure. That’s not attention seeking that’s just what will happen. Wouldn’t wish it on Notts Co or Burton but Leeds, oh yeah. Don’t think they’d be daft enough to get him but I hope they do. He’ll be the end of them. 

4 hours ago, Ninos said:

Watching Mac bomb at Newcastle was extremely entertaining for most Derby supporters. Grass not so green for him was it? I do not have any great desire to see him Leeds or both succeed, but I would find much entertainment value in seeing them paired together. He really is their best bet for dramatic failure. That’s not attention seeking that’s just what will happen. Wouldn’t wish it on Notts Co or Burton but Leeds, oh yeah. Don’t think they’d be daft enough to get him but I hope they do. He’ll be the end of them. 

It's the Championship so there is little evidence of 'dramatic failure' in his tenures. Failure absolutely but dramatic no. And to assert that he will be 'the end of them' is dramatisation of Daily Mailesque proportions. 

I'm not a McClaren fan. I think in his time with Derby he was one dimensional. He lacked grace around the Newcastle situation. He also came across as extremely bitter in the recent Sky game coverage. That said, under his coaching, there were times when we played some excellent attacking football. It's the sort of thing you see with most managers in this sport... Good times and bad. 

There is no evidence of him ending clubs. To say so undermines any good points you may make elsewhere. 

4 hours ago, Ninos said:

So freaking boring. 

I don't rate McClaren long term, and despite doing poor elsewhere lets be aware that the first time he was appointed he joined a side that had won 3 of their first 10 games, and went on to win 10 of the next 13, with the added extra that we came from 4-1 down to draw 4-4 before he took over due to a team talk.

The second time he was appointed he joined a side that had won 2 of their last 11, and won 9 of the next 12.

Granted, he had the benefit second time around of being familiar with the players but just because we don't rate him long term doesn't mean it's impossible for him to have success in the short term.

Why all the hate for McClaren - Clearly our best manager of recent memory, no doubt for the future he was not the right person, but surely no one can deny the success that he had, turning us from that dismal side that were near relegation into playoff contenders again.

Then the first spell by him was wonderous, that football was purely fantastic to watch, our ambitions soared. Yeah we didn't make it but it was an amazing journey to get where we got to that season.

yes the exits were sour, but just appreciate what he did for us, made us a quality side that were feared by almost everyone. Yes he had his faults but doesn't every manager?

Of course i'm all for Rowett and i will support him all the way, But surely i am not the only one that feels this way...

6 hours ago, Ninos said:

Two things......

the grass being greener comment..... he was SACKED by us....I will repeat that he was SACKED by us he didn’t quit to go to Newcastle so your grass being greener comment is totally irrelevant 

Secondly name me one team that he has ruined and the phrase “he’ll be the end of them” could genuinely have been said..? None, exactly. 

I’m not massive Stevie fan but do recognize that he was the best manager we have had since Billy

Archived