Frankie and Benny's post match/road closed question.

Sith Happens

Does anyone go in for a pint post match? Is it ok, is is it rammed?

My dad who's 80 this year has had an op on his foot so walking distances not great right now. Has missed last couple of games but wants to go next weekend.

We park in toys r us so plan to drive up and boot him out before the game, but after he won't be able to walk that far so thought maybe go for a pint there and wait for the road to open again so I can come and get him.

Does anyone know how long the road is closed for after the game?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

My dad who's 80 this year has had an op on his foot so walking distances not great right now. Has missed last couple of games but wants to go next weekend.

We park in toys r us so plan to drive up and boot him out before the game, but after he won't be able to walk that far so thought maybe go for a pint there and wait for the road to open again so I can come and get him.

You could try the DW bar. It is rubbish but quiet. 

1 minute ago, needles said:

I went in once. No bitter. No ale. Just bloody crap lager.

It is an abomination and it should be destroyed with fire.

I know, really just somewhere to park our backsides for half hour. Did you go after the game?

2 minutes ago, sage said:

You could try the DW bar. It is rubbish but quiet. 

Just now, Boycie said:

The roads generally open up once the buses have buggered off. I think it’s about 20 mins?

The JD place opposite the eat stand has a bar you know.

Cheers, didn't think about that. Dunno if he can make it that far. Will see what he says. Can you pay to park there?

6 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I know, really just somewhere to park our backsides for half hour. Did you go after the game?

I did, but it was that ***** I walked out and waited outside for half an hour. You'll do well to get a sit down from what I recall.

Just now, needles said:

I did, but it was that ***** I walked out and waited outside for half an hour. You'll do well to get a sit down from what I recall.

Cheers. Sounds like try and get him to DW bar then

There's that Harvester the other side of the ground too, Merlin is it? Maybe The Yard? 

This is why we need the development announced last year. Good luck finding somewhere pal.

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Frankly and bennny is rammed on a match day. Someone suggested DW ?

17 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

I’ll come and give you a lift after the game,we can carry him?

Hope he’s ok mate?

Ha i bet he would love that.

Yes hes ok, just hobbling about lol.

On 04/02/2018 at 20:47, needles said:

There's that Harvester the other side of the ground too, Merlin is it? Maybe The Yard? 

This is why we need the development announced last year. Good luck finding somewhere pal.

Merlin is fine gets busy but always plenty of staff on

On 2/4/2018 at 20:47, needles said:

On 2/4/2018 at 21:49, Owd miner said:

The Yard is ok pal. 

Yeah, think too far for him to hobble sadly.

3 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Maybe get in touch with the SLO, they may be able to give your dad a lift to the yard in a golf buggy.

SLO?

Archived