Minutes silence.

Mafiabob

Not a huge ask to give one minute of your time to silence for Rememberance.

Most know that it's this time of year and the home game around it this happens..... so why did the folk in concourses carry on chatting and shouting when you can probably see it on the flat TV screens the players are huddled around a wreath?

Yeah but James McClean blah blah blah....... at least he stays silent. At least he acknowledges others respect it.

For shame

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Not a huge ask to give one minute of your time to silence for Rememberance.

Most know that it's this time of year and the home game around it this happens..... so why did the folk in concourses carry on chatting and shouting when you can probably see it on the flat TV screens the players are huddled around a wreath?

Yeah but James McClean blah blah blah....... at least he stays silent. At least he acknowledges others respect it.

For shame

Cause they dont give a s***.

2 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Cause they dont give a s***.

Just one minute..... all that's asked, forget the politics and daily life. Just one minute. 

1 minute ago, Boycie said:

We lost, I get it, but really?

I didn’t hear anything from where I sat, I thought it was well done.

I sit close to Steps..... was like folk wernt bothered. Nothing to do with us losing 

There was a little bit of noise below us in the North Stand concourse but the tvs weren't working (again) so anyone arriving lateish wouldn't have been immediately aware of it.

We have done 3 minutes in the last week and I thought they have all been very respectful.

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

Each club just does the one. It's not their fault that we have been at three games this week.

I wasn't blaming anyone. As you say it just is. But it seems like it's to make sure everyone is *seen* to be observing. As someone posted there is an official date.

25 minutes ago, Boycie said:

We lost, I get it, but really?

I didn’t hear anything from where I sat, I thought it was well done.

I sit south lower. It was very noisy. Not sure if it was the concourse or the yard or both. But noisy non the less. This was before we kicked off never mind the fact we lost. I don’t blame the people concerned.  I don’t think for one moment, they decided, sod it im going to keep talking. They were obviously oblivious to what was occurring. I do feel if the club can muster a tannoy that operates at 200 decibels they should be able to get a message to all parts of the ground that it’s time for the minutes silence. If not then how would people be informed if a event occurred which would require the ground to be evacuated 

4 minutes ago, Doodle said:

I sit south lower. It was very noisy. Not sure if it was the concourse or the yard or both. But noisy non the less. This was before we kicked off never mind the fact we lost. I don’t blame the people concerned.  I don’t think for one moment, they decided, sod it im going to keep talking. They were obviously oblivious to what was occurring. I do feel if the club can muster a tannoy that operates at 200 decibels they should be able to get a message to all parts of the ground that it’s time for the minutes silence. If not then how would people be informed if a event occurred which would require the ground to be evacuated 

I understand, but I don’t think the tannoy is also broadcast in the concourse, the TVs, if on, and if it’s like the east stand then only a few work, would have shown the teams around the centre circle.

People don’t always have a sense of surroundings, there’s always the odd noise from concourses, as long as you pay your own respects, why worry?  I’m sure some of the people who did make a noise are devastated they did, some maybe can’t be bothered.

But in general it was a well received.

Archived