Just don't get it!

Topram

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

It should but the only ones who showed it today were Johnson,Russell,wisdom,Nugent and Martin..

Russell in particular was really visibly pissed of when attacks broke down.

God we miss Bryson too don't we...

I'm probably not the best guy to ask about Bryson :lol: He's struggling at Cardiff at the moment so I think we made the right decision in getting rid and he wouldn't fit into the current system in my opinion. Rowett's main mistake was not purchasing an appropriate replacement for Bryson(a young and hungry midfielder) rather than letting Bryson go himself.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I'm probably not the best guy to ask about Bryson :lol: He's struggling at Cardiff at the moment so I think we made the right decision in getting rid and he wouldn't fit into the current system in my opinion. Rowett's main mistake was not purchasing an appropriate replacement for Bryson(a young and hungry midfielder) rather than letting Bryson go himself.

Rather Bryson than the lumbering souls we currently have in the midfield...it's like they are running in treacle!

3 hours ago, Topram said:

After such a great few weeks it's bound to end we all know that, but it's the manner we lost, we looked so easy to play against and just didn't turn up, we've had a great run at home with vydra and nugent, they really started to get a good partnership and then he gets dropped?? Just strange, Russell wasn't fully fit and isn't good enough, wiemann was class at Leeds when he came on, just don't understand today's tactics, anyway we go again at Fulham! Have a nice few weeks :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, David said:

Ablsoute garbage from Rowett, if he wasn’t fit he wouldn’t be on the bench. It was an excuse because he dropped a clanger ! How he didn’t start astounds me 

1 minute ago, TexasRam said:

Ablsoute garbage from Rowett, if he wasn’t fit he wouldn’t be on the bench. It was an excuse because he dropped a clanger ! How he didn’t start astounds me 

I reckon Vydra would have something to say if the manager was claiming he was injured when he wasn’t.

I can understand the questions over the decision to have him in the bench, but calling it BS with zero proof is even more mind boggling. 

Sticking a player not fully fit on the bench isn’t even that uncommon, not saying it’s right but it’s not. Wasn’t that long ago we had Jamie Ward doing just that.

It’s possible the injury was picked up in training during the week, it’s also possible he could have played 20/30 minutes if needed but Rowett didn’t feel it was worth the risk when the game was effectively lost straight after half time.

Who could have been on the bench, Shackell, Anya? Both seemingly out the picture completely for whatever reason.

U23 player? They played Wolfsburg on Wednesday and have Forest on Monday, if we had one that they were confident in starting I could see the problem.

A lot went wrong today, many things but Vydra on the bench is right at the bottom of the list. 

2 minutes ago, David said:

I reckon Vydra would have something to say if the manager was claiming he was injured when he wasn’t.

I can understand the questions over the decision to have him in the bench, but calling it BS with zero proof is even more mind boggling. 

Sticking a player not fully fit on the bench isn’t even that uncommon, not saying it’s right but it’s not. Wasn’t that long ago we had Jamie Ward doing just that.

It’s possible the injury was picked up in training during the week, it’s also possible he could have played 20/30 minutes if needed but Rowett didn’t feel it was worth the risk when the game was effectively lost straight after half time.

Who could have been on the bench, Shackell, Anya? Both seemingly out the picture completely for whatever reason.

U23 player? They played Wolfsburg on Wednesday and have Forest on Monday, if we had one that they were confident in starting I could see the problem.

A lot went wrong today, many things but Vydra on the bench is right at the bottom of the list. 

Disagree, he should of started if he “really” was not fit then could of come off at half time, I truly  believe this was an excuse by Rowett . He’s been our best player at Pride Park all season, not starting him today was top of the list why things went wrong IMO.  I’m am sure Rowett will learn from this and we’ll get better, but today the blame is firmly at his door. 

Just now, TexasRam said:

Disagree, he should of started if he “really” was not fit then could of come off at half time, I truly  believe this was an excuse by Rowett . He’s been our best player at Pride Park all season, not starting him today was top of the list why things went wrong IMO.  I’m am sure Rowett will learn from this and we’ll get better, but today the blame is firmly at his door. 

He might not have been fit enough for 45 minutes though, only Rowett, the staff and player know.

Why risk him for 45 minutes when we have fully fit Martin, Winnall and Nugent to pick from?

If we was 1-0 down, 20 minutes to go, he may have been able to come on and provide a bit of magic but at 3-0 the games lost. Let him recover fully.

11 minutes ago, David said:

Its at the top of the list.

he never even warmed up. At 2-0 we had 75 minutes to recover and an obvious problem with the selection.

Just now, RamNut said:

Its at the top of the list.

he never even warmed up. At 2-0 we had 75 minutes to recover and an obvious problem with the selection.

You don’t think losing Keogh early on and Ledley are above that on the list? 

Who is this game changer we have that could have sat on the bench in place of Vydra today?

16 minutes ago, David said:

Didn’t Thorne play for u23s last week and also will probably play Monday? 

And vydra on the bench wasn’t the problem, it’s just highlights what was, poor team selection and tactics.

6 minutes ago, David said:

He might not have been fit enough for 45 minutes though, only Rowett, the staff and player know.

Why risk him for 45 minutes when we have fully fit Martin, Winnall and Nugent to pick from?

If we was 1-0 down, 20 minutes to go, he may have been able to come on and provide a bit of magic but at 3-0 the games lost. Let him recover fully.

If he’s not fit for 45 mins then don’t put him on the bench, in fact you wouldn’t if he wasn’t. If we did then the management team need to have a good look at themselves. Should of started

Just now, AdamRam said:

Didn’t Thorne play for u23s last week and also will probably play Monday? 

And vydra on the bench wasn’t the problem, it’s just highlights what was, poor team selection and tactics.

He was and possibly, but that’s probably another less than ideal selection, but we have little options right now. 

As you say, tactically got it wrong today so we can stick any of the U23’s on the bench today but would have changed very little.

10 minutes ago, David said:

You don’t think losing Keogh early on and Ledley are above that on the list? 

Who is this game changer we have that could have sat on the bench in place of Vydra today?

Johno relocated was another error.

keogh didn't want to come off. He was arguing with the trainer that he should stay on.

pearce is not a great player but he is the type Gary likes.

things were obviously wrong within 15 minutes, but he did little to address it. It reminded me of the wolves game in that respect. 

2 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Johno relocated was another error.

keogh didn't want to come off. He was arguing with the trainer that he should stay on.

pearce is not a great player but he is the type Gary likes.

things were obviously wrong within 15 minutes, but he did little to address it. It reminded me of the wolves game in that respect. 

Johnson was probably forced with Ledley out, Thorne I’m guessing is another that despite being on the bench isn’t fully ready having played Wednesday. 

Looks like they are easing him back with the U23’s, possibly playing again Monday.

Keogh might not have wanted to come off but clearly the physio thought otherwise.

It’s hard to be critical of these without full knowledge of players fitness levels/injuries.

Rowett’s hands weren’t fully tied though, Weimann, Martin, there was other options to change things earlier, that was a frustration given how poor the first half went, clearly wasn’t working or any glimpse of the side getting back into it.

Today is a write off. One to forget and hopefully the 2 week break is enough to patch the players up and ready to go again. 

8 minutes ago, David said:

Johnson was probably forced with Ledley out, Thorne I’m guessing is another that despite being on the bench isn’t fully ready having played Wednesday. 

Looks like they are easing him back with the U23’s, possibly playing again Monday.

Keogh might not have wanted to come off but clearly the physio thought otherwise.

It’s hard to be critical of these without full knowledge of players fitness levels/injuries.

Rowett’s hands weren’t fully tied though, Weimann, Martin, there was other options to change things earlier, that was a frustration given how poor the first half went, clearly wasn’t working or any glimpse of the side getting back into it.

Today is a write off. One to forget and hopefully the 2 week break is enough to patch the players up and ready to go again. 

It is a worry how slow gr is to react when we clearly need a change during matches...there have been several,which he acknowledged himself,that he should have made changes earlier.

Today was without a doubt prime for changes at half time..we were soooo poor in the first half that my grandmother,who has only ever played cribbage,would have been able to see the necessity.....yet we rolled out the same team in the second half.....everyone around me was shouting for Martin and vydra and were exasperated when it hadn't happened....we were three nil down for heaven's sake.

11 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

It is a worry how slow gr is to react when we clearly need a change during matches...there have been several,which he acknowledged himself,that he should have made changes earlier.

Today was without a doubt prime for changes at half time..we were soooo poor in the first half that my grandmother,who has only ever played cribbage,would have been able to see the necessity.....yet we rolled out the same team in the second half.....everyone around me was shouting for Martin and vydra and were exasperated when it hadn't happened....we were three nil down for heaven's sake.

I was disappointed when we didn’t make changes at half time but the way we attacked their goal at the beginning of the second half I thought he'd got it right and done a good job in re-motivating the players.

At that stage we were only 2-0 down and we could have got back in the game easily. What made that decision look stupid was the shocking third goal, which was a direct mistake from Davies and probably put the game out of reach. Changing the forwards wouldn't have stopped that happening.

I didn't agree with Rowett yesterday but there are such fine margins at times between the right and the wrong calls.

It was the initial set up that I was most disappointed with, but again it might have worked if Keogh hadn't got injured. 

Football. 

Archived