Vydra Appreciation Thread

Waffle

On 10/16/2017 at 22:52, Ilsonram12 said:

Just concerns me at £8mill he’s good enough to play at home but not away?? Surely as a professional you can adapt to different systems/formations away or is the modern squad rotation the norm now

Its not necessarily about not being good enough but more about what sage has said earlier, that away it leaves us a bit short in midfield....I think he could play up front as a 2 away with anyone of Martin, Nugent or Winnall , probably favouring Martin  tbh as his hold up play and flick ons could be great for Vydra.

I don't think he should be a sub away from home but some of it depends on the opposition what shape they play etc....really great that he's showing his talents now though :thumbsup:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big fan of vydra, we paid too much for him but he's a useful player. Sadly we don't have the midfield that allows us to play a two up top, this is where he would thrive.

The 10 role is a compromise and he does get caught out from time to time. Hopefully he can be coached into holding the ball better if not then we need to get that midfield sorted ( which has been a priority since after the playoff final) and play two up top.

On 18/10/2017 at 14:25, Saity said:

Its not necessarily about not being good enough but more about what sage has said earlier, that away it leaves us a bit short in midfield....I think he could play up front as a 2 away with anyone of Martin, Nugent or Winnall , probably favouring Martin  tbh as his hold up play and flick ons could be great for Vydra.

I don't think he should be a sub away from home but some of it depends on the opposition what shape they play etc....really great that he's showing his talents now though :thumbsup:

Norwich next Saturday will be interesting 

Archived