Vydra Appreciation Thread

Waffle

It seems not that long ago that many on here had written him off. I think if we continue to get behind him the way we have been this season, he'll be an extremely important player for us in the next few years.

Cheers Mr. Pearson for the one positive thing you did here.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure many had actually written him off, just think they were saying he was a waste of £8million, which based on last season's contribution was probably fair comment.

I think more than anything, a lot were frustrated having previously seen what he is capable of.

Still not certain the number 10 role is his ideal position because to me he seems such a natural finisher.

A few times this season he has come deep, lost the ball and put us in trouble. He does seem to be growing into the role.

Should never have missed that sitter against Wolves away last season..... or we should have sold Nugent before he started a game.....

Great goal yesterday, and a nice assist for the 2nd.

As @G STAR RAM says, he appears to be growing into the role, though I'm not convinced it's the best use of his talent.

For instance, I thought yesterday in the 1st half he should have dropped onto Bridcutt when we weren't in possession, but for all Bridcutts time on the ball he never really hurt us, so maybe that was a deliberate tactic.

Still think him and Martin would be a fantastic fit together, maybe one day we'll see if it's so.

He was never given a chance. Mcclaren was obsessed with one formation and second time around wasn't going to give Pearson a tacit nod by playing his marquis signing. He was thrust to the bench, occasionally played on the wing. Pathetic, really.

14 minutes ago, Ninos said:

He was never given a chance. Mcclaren was obsessed with one formation and second time around wasn't going to give Pearson a tacit nod by playing his marquis signing. He was thrust to the bench, occasionally played on the wing. Pathetic, really.

Well we don't seem to have any discernable tactics now so he's probably just decided to do his own thing,lol

And vydra probably didn't fit into McLaren's style any more than Martin fits into gr's....clearly

Liked him from day 1 classy footballer, natural goal scorer a genuine attacker. He has his weaknesses, can be a bit casual on the ball and not tough enough when going deep. Pick him for the right games and he will go from strength to strength. Total winner who had a raw tactical deal at the start of his Rams career. 

I wish we had the luxury of experimenting with different combinations and could see a Nuge  / Martin or Martin / Vydra set up.

Nuge is a fantastic all round striker and can play with anyone or alone .... but I'd really like to see Martin / Vydra with GT on the pitch to resolve the good point @sage makes. 

13 minutes ago, Simsy said:

You liar! You always looked to criticise him to defend the beloved wardrobe

Not true....I always liked him but criticised his performances...you will see that,if you look back,I was the first to be pleased when he started to perform.

I still don't see him as the complete performer but he works well of a strong top player.....it would be better if it was Martin in my opinion.

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm not sure many had actually written him off, just think they were saying he was a waste of £8million, which based on last season's contribution was probably fair comment.

I think more than anything, a lot were frustrated having previously seen what he is capable of.

Still not certain the number 10 role is his ideal position because to me he seems such a natural finisher.

A few times this season he has come deep, lost the ball and put us in trouble. He does seem to be growing into the role.

Best to make a judgement at the end of the season. Like many in the current squad, Vydra has struggled with consistency.

Archived