Does entertainment/style of play really matter?

Mafiabob

Entertainment/Style  

158 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, mozza said:

Winning breeds confidence, confidence breeds entertainment, patience is a virtue..

Very wise words mozza!

Patience is the key. No one was more gutted than me when Hughes left but nowt we can do about it now. Its history.

Gary needs time to hone his side, a couple more transfer windows to clear the decks and maybe one or two quality signings. We should not go into meltdown if we lose a game and not get too carried away if we win a couple.

We've all wanted a bit of stability, now's the time for us to give the club that stability by not panicking if we have a wobble...get behind the Gazmeister, because with the right blend of players his tactics could yet prove to be both effective and exciting.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Very wise words mozza!

Patience is the key. No one was more gutted than me when Hughes left but nowt we can do about it now. Its history.

Gary needs time to hone his side, a couple more transfer windows to clear the decks and maybe one or two quality signings. We should not go into meltdown if we lose a game and not get too carried away if we win a couple.

We've all wanted a bit of stability, now's the time for us to give the club that stability by not panicking if we have a wobble...get behind the Gazmeister, because with the right blend of players his tactics could yet prove to be both effective and exciting.

We know it makes sense, ;)

14 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Very wise words mozza!

My favourite post ... Possibly ever !

although I'd add, we need a reasonable number of goals scored to keep your cockles warm. 

8 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Very wise words mozza!

Stability good - but without the mediocrity would be better . 

Patience is fine as long as you can see what is being attempted. Clough was given a number of years to slowly improve the team. His philosophy was clear and understood and his recruitment was in step with that philosophy. 

Rowett has not yet articulated clearly what he's trying to achieve. His statements so far have on occasion been contradicted by his actions.

If he fixes that then I think patience will be easily given by the crowds.

51 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Stability good - but without the mediocrity would be better . 

Patience is fine as long as you can see what is being attempted. Clough was given a number of years to slowly improve the team. His philosophy was clear and understood and his recruitment was in step with that philosophy. 

Rowett has not yet articulated clearly what he's trying to achieve. His statements so far have on occasion been contradicted by his actions.

If he fixes that then I think patience will be easily given by the crowds.

Agree with all that Hants.

Mel is not going to appoint a Pep type manager going by his last few appointments so Gary is where were at!

I'm hoping GR is as intelligent and honest as he sounds, Wants to build a strong team that will both be solid and effective. 

He lives local and must know what he's up against if it all goes tits up.

On ‎18‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 08:54, mozza said:

Winning breeds confidence, confidence breeds entertainment, patience is a virtue..

Came here to say something similar.

Winning football, often leads to more entertaining performances.

Yes, there's always some teams which don't seem to change their style - Burnley for example - but the majority of the time, performances improve for a winning side.

Archived