GT The number "10"

RiddingsRam

Having GT back will be an enormous bonus, and he probably could do a good job as a no. 10, but I think that with him and Huddlestone both in the (so called) defensive midfielder position we would have two players with both defensive and creative ability in place .. that leaves (unfortunately) the other, more advanced, midfield place still unclaimed by someone with the ability to play as successfully off Martin as did Hughes and Bryson .. 

And despite Joe Ledley's 'tidiness' in possession, and discipline, I don't really see him as a long term solution .. we do however have a player on loan at Swindon who could be our next great 'homegrown' asset, and if our manager was blessed with the ability to spot real quality and potential in a player (which he isn't), then Elsnick would be a regular in the side now, and not foolishly seen as future potential ! 

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Ram8 said:

Having GT back will be an enormous bonus, and he probably could do a good job as a no. 10, but I think that with him and Huddlestone both in the (so called) defensive midfielder position we would have two players with both defensive and creative ability in place .. that leaves (unfortunately) the other, more advanced, midfield place still unclaimed by someone with the ability to play as successfully off Martin as did Hughes and Bryson .. 

And despite Joe Ledley's 'tidiness' in possession, and discipline, I don't really see him as a long term solution .. we do however have a player on loan at Swindon who could be our next great 'homegrown' asset, and if our manager was blessed with the ability to spot real quality and potential in a player (which he isn't), then Elsnick would be a regular in the side now, and not foolishly seen as future potential ! 

Joe Ledley looked quality to me and just the type of player we need currently. Maybe Elsnick will be able to do it soon. Obviously GR and the rest of the management team don't think he's ready yet and so want him to get first team experience?

Haven't read the whole thread so apologies if I'm duplicating what someone else has already posted but was it just me who thought he looked huge and a bit less mobile? I know mobility will come with match fitness to a massive degree but I was a bit worried he'd bilked up a bit too much, he was always a beast physically but he really did look massive to me.

Delighted and actually got a bit emotional seeing him get back on the pitch at this level, hate to see any player lose serious amount of time to injury, especially when they're as talented as George is. Really got everything crossed he gets back to the levels he showed consistently when he played regularly but I've got to be honest and say I thought he looked a bit Huddlestonesque.

Brilliant result by the way, even if the performance wasn't exceptional, did more than enough to justify the three points, Nice to see Bryson and Bucko sitting together, really pleased to hear Bryson get a good reception, I wonder what he must be thinking down in Cardiff, no need to send him out on loan, none at all.

Hopefully that win sees the season well and truly back on track.

8 hours ago, Ram8 said:

Some bold statements made there fella

12 hours ago, Ram8 said:

Get what you're saying but Thomas is probably our best young attacking midfielder right now. Agree with you that Elsnik is class but when he was sent out we had way too many midfielders and then we didn't have enough. My preferred two holding mids would be thorne and Johnson but at this point it's hard to say who the best pair are there. We haven't seen enough.

Archived