Hurricane Irma

Day

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Looks like it might be heading out way now...! Currently boarding the windows...getting ready to evacuate...hope I don't miss the game tonight..

Only a cat 4 when it hits Miami and weakens to a 2 fairly quickly, where’s those man up pills....wouldn’t catch the Scousers making a run for it......they’d wait around and help protect your property

My father in law's over here, having just bought a property in the Peak District last week but he's heading off home early to Florida tomorrow morning to make the house secure for when it hits. Thankfully my mother in law is out of the way - in Colorado seeing other family.

5 hours ago, Spanish said:

NHC has the storm moving north towards Bermuda but Barbuda is in line again 

Barbuda has now been totally evacuated - like everyone who was on Barbuda's bowels.

2 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

It has totally moved now....looks like it is going to hit us directly Sunday afternoon... I guess if we have to go out then at least I am going out with a 5-0 thrashing as the last game I ever saw....!

My first hurricane I thought I would see what it was like then move to a hotel if it got bad, what a fool. Basically it gets a fraction worse every second and by the time i decided it was time to go it was too late.  All you can do is make your best decision and stick with it.  Good luck I'll be thinking of you

26 minutes ago, David said:

God clearly is getting it wrong, I would be very humble and in awe of him if he sends me a huge hot tub and 15 Victoria's secrets models to fill it, much less messy than a hurricane although I don't promise the decking won't get wet.

An Alarabiya reporter just got taken out by the winds as he walked out of the shelter to describe the situation.

On 09/09/2017 at 09:09, David said:

I blame the Derby fans then Keogh.

Just now, Gypsy Ram said:

An Alarabiya reporter just got taken out by the winds as he walked out of the shelter to describe the situation.

I blame the Derby fans then Keogh.

Looks like a bunch of have a go hero’s are out there after a pay rise. Got NBC news on now, one came on urging to get all reporters off the streets, soon got cut off and switched to a clip of a guy running against the wind with his wind meter. Madness. 

2 minutes ago, David said:

Looks like a bunch of have a go hero’s are out there after a pay rise. Got NBC news on now, one came on urging to get all reporters off the streets, soon got cut off and switched to a clip of a guy running against the wind with his wind meter. Madness. 

I agree with you. Pay rise or a promotion. What they don't understand is that the game plays them and they can't play it. 

Just saw this, how I wish it's true:

Archived