Positives

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 29/08/2017 at 09:53, cheron85 said:

Just checking - Do you actually go to the games? Or are you basing this off what you hear on the radio?

I think you're phone in Derek...

Every home game for the past 21 years (bar 1 or so a season) and average over 5 away games... sorry not phone in derek!

On track for similar this season all home games and 1 away so far

Been watching football for years, play it and coach as well... I've seen keogh since he signed and never felt remotely comfortable with keogh at the back with a 1 nil lead since he signed. Think there are better defenders in the squad (who don't do so many things for the simple fans to wow at) but do the more important things like defending a lot better with less plaudits

2 minutes ago, DontTrustTheDevilInside said:

Every home game for the past 21 years (bar 1 or so a season) and average over 5 away games... sorry not phone in derek!

Been watching football for years, play it and coach as well... I've seen keogh since he signed and never felt remotely comfortable with keogh at the back with a 1 nil lead since he signed. Think there are better defenders in the squad (who don't do so many things for the simple fans to wow at) but do the more important things like defending a lot better with less plaudits

Curious who you mean by this, because Keogh has been by miles our best defender for the past couple of seasons. Curtis Davies has been completely shown up by him thus far and that's pretty telling to Keogh's ability considering how excellent Davies was for Hull.

From where I've sat I think Pearce has had a really poor time with the Derby fans. Been made a scapegoat a lot. 

I disagree that Davies has been shown up and I really do believe the one player who would really get shown up is keogh if he went to another team where the fans don't give him the benefit of doubt.

Have to say if the Russell own goal was mirrored the opposite side of the pitch the keogh fans would be quick to blame Davies that he should have commanded that area of the box and got it clear. Because Russell was to the right.... very quiet. Not defending Russell because it was bizarre. 

I admit I'm not a keogh fan and therefore I'm critical but honestly I advise you the next e.g 5 games watch keogh during the highlights of goals conceded. A lot of the time looks completely lost in no mans land with out a clue. And I like a lot of fans on here have seen afterwards he is the first person to do the most un-leader-like behaviour of pointing the finger of blame.

6 minutes ago, DontTrustTheDevilInside said:

From where I've sat I think Pearce has had a really poor time with the Derby fans. Been made a scapegoat a lot. 

I disagree that Davies has been shown up and I really do believe the one player who would really get shown up is keogh if he went to another team where the fans don't give him the benefit of doubt.

Have to say if the Russell own goal was mirrored the opposite side of the pitch the keogh fans would be quick to blame Davies that he should have commanded that area of the box and got it clear. Because Russell was to the right.... very quiet. Not defending Russell because it was bizarre. 

I admit I'm not a keogh fan and therefore I'm critical but honestly I advise you the next e.g 5 games watch keogh during the highlights of goals conceded. A lot of the time looks completely lost in no mans land with out a clue. And I like a lot of fans on here have seen afterwards he is the first person to do the most un-leader-like behaviour of pointing the finger of blame.

For a start you wouldn't need to watch highlights if you actually went to the matches Its his job to point the finger of blame he's the captain Don't you think its funny how has managed to play 460 league games He has played 220 for Derby but maybe your a better judge than Clough McLaren Clements Pearson Rowett O'Neil who all picked him But I do agree about Pearce I think he's been poorly treated by the fans and I would have in ahead of Davies who to me has been a disappointment 

34 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

For a start you wouldn't need to watch highlights if you actually went to the matches Its his job to point the finger of blame he's the captain Don't you think its funny how has managed to play 460 league games He has played 220 for Derby but maybe your a better judge than Clough McLaren Clements Pearson Rowett O'Neil who all picked him But I do agree about Pearce I think he's been poorly treated by the fans and I would have in ahead of Davies who to me has been a disappointment 

The best CB in the world would look poor with Olson next to him. Always gets his CB exposed when he's too far up the pitch, or standing off his player far too much and never stopping a cross. He's not a bad player, just not a good defender.

Those two posts are my exact point... 

olson has equally got a very good reputation and has been selected by a number of managers of a similar level but no one uses that excuse to defend him. All these scapegoats don't join Derby and all of sudden become worst defenders.

Yes all those managers have picked him but also none of the scouts Derby fans wish we had have scouted him and believe he's worth buying. 

@Mistaram can you even read... I see it at matches aswell because I go to a hell of a lot. You seem to know a lot about leadership haha... glad I don't have you as a leader. With your views on leadership and reading skills you aren't fit to lead a team at McDonald's

11 hours ago, DontTrustTheDevilInside said:

you should write to the club, we need to get rid of these so called professionals who know jack 5hit about football

13 hours ago, DontTrustTheDevilInside said:

I've seen keogh since he signed and never felt remotely comfortable with keogh at the back with a 1 nil lead since he signed. Think there are better defenders in the squad (who don't do so many things for the simple fans to wow at) but do the more important things like defending a lot better with less plaudits

I haven't checked the stats but I would put a small wager on Keogh having made less mistakes than our other defenders

And Keogh has been fairly unpopular with fans for the last few years! It's only really been this season where people have said "Hey, maybe he's not all that bad - He's played next to 3 ex-PL defenders now and not looked out of place"

Wasn't Russell pretty much in the middle of the box? Like right between the two?

And freak goals don't really count - That would be like blaming Davies for Carson's miss-kick

12 hours ago, DontTrustTheDevilInside said:

olson has equally got a very good reputation and has been selected by a number of managers of a similar level but no one uses that excuse to defend him. All these scapegoats don't join Derby and all of sudden become worst defenders.

I like Olsson - Think he's a good player and was very impressed when we signed him - Never had any problem with him at all

(who don't do so many things for the simple fans to wow at)

Yes - well done - Aren't you clever - I'm sure you sit in the stands with your 'expert' knowledge of the game, pipe and slippers and laugh at all the plebs who 'don't understand the game like you do' - Round of applause

Or you could just be equally simple with an over-inflated sense of importance?

14 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

The best CB in the world would look poor with Olson next to him. Always gets his CB exposed when he's too far up the pitch, or standing off his player far too much and never stopping a cross. He's not a bad player, just not a good defender.

Yes probably right about Olson but he didn't look any better when Forsyth was at left back We all know Davies is a good player but not at the moment

1 minute ago, Mistaram said:

Yes probably right about Olson but he didn't look any better when Forsyth was at left back We all know Davies is a good player but not at the moment

Fozzy is some way off match fitness. Started poor for the U23's but grew into the game. He will get better.  Olson is just so hit and miss

Archived