iTunes

SaintRam

Firstly, does anyone still use iTunes? Discuss.

Also, if anyone does use iTunes and wants to buy the £15 iTunes gift card I have acquired, let me know.

I will sell it for £14.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My iTunes library is a mess. About 2/3 of my music has got corrupted somehow, so I can only play about 320 songs. I can see the others on the PC and they are shown (in grey) within iTunes but it says it can't play them. It has also deleted all of my playlists.

Not looking forward to trying to sort all that crap out - unless anyone has any ideas?.

Oh, and just seen the Apple have killed off the iPod nano & shuffle.

Just now, StivePesley said:

No Black lace but there is some East 17!

Untitled2.png

No Black Lace = inferior solution. Get yourself a streaming service, no need to update it then, you can go from Black Lance to Tina Turner then Ant & Dec within the hour

38 minutes ago, David said:

No Black Lace = inferior solution. Get yourself a streaming service, no need to update it then, you can go from Black Lance to Tina Turner then Ant & Dec within the hour

What a time to be alive!

The problem I have with the commercial services is that they take your listening data and use it to try and market stuff at you. On principle I wouldn't have a problem with that if the algorithms they use were in any way accurate. I tried Amazon music for a bit but the recommendations were hideous. Music is such a subjective thing, you simply can't say - you like A & B therefore you will like C. It just doesn't work.

But then maybe I'm weird. I have East 17, Captain Beefheart, Gustav Mahler, UB40, Chet Baker, Taylor Swift and Marillion in my library :ermm:

1 hour ago, StivePesley said:

What a time to be alive!

The problem I have with the commercial services is that they take your listening data and use it to try and market stuff at you. On principle I wouldn't have a problem with that if the algorithms they use were in any way accurate. I tried Amazon music for a bit but the recommendations were hideous. Music is such a subjective thing, you simply can't say - you like A & B therefore you will like C. It just doesn't work.

But then maybe I'm weird. I have East 17, Captain Beefheart, Gustav Mahler, UB40, Chet Baker, Taylor Swift and Marillion in my library :ermm:

Hey, do what I do, ignore the surgestions.

pick what you want.

Suggestions can sometimes throw something decent your way, same with Netflix, although you have to rely a lot there as the homepage isn't the most friendly, pushing all the rubbish they want to promote

4 minutes ago, David said:

Suggestions can sometimes throw something decent your way, same with Netflix, although you have to rely a lot there as the homepage isn't the most friendly, pushing all the rubbish they want to promote

Netflix has gone way downhill since they removed the star ratings, to a simple thumbs up or down.

18 hours ago, David said:

I use iTunes but have no interest in saving myself a quid :) 

Pfft. Don't knock a quid!

Archived