RIP Chester Bennington.

AmberRamber

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really sad. Minutes to Midnight was the first album I ever bought. Can remember saving up about a months worth of pocket money for it.

Always worth remembering that, whatever you're dealing with, however hard life feels, however much depression feels like it's taking over your life, there will always be people out there who will listen and help.

RIP Chester.

It's never nice to hear one of your childhood favourites has died, even more sickening when you find out it was self inflicted. 

Highlights the gravity of mental health. Highlights that more desperately needs to be done, whether that be training people to be in a position where they can read the signs and help people or something on a larger scale, I don't know. 

I get that it's important to talk to somebody, but that somebody needs to be able to respond in a positive manner. I can imagine it could potentially make things worse as easily as it could make things better. 

Heard them play Hybrid Theory live in full at Download 2014. It was special to me then and it's extra special for me to be thinking about how much fun I had that day right now. His recent tweets suggest he was having fun touring and writing new music. Truly out of nowhere.

Never really liked the band growing up while listening to "real metal/hardcore", always thought of them as made up metal boy band - but they are not. And I only figured this out about 7 years ago and I fell in love with them and the lyrics - it struck a chord (despite the simplistic guitars).

It's actually sad to read about his childhood, but hes not alone, there are so many out there who don't have the public profile who go through the same terrible experiences. Like so many posters have noted, there really needs to be a new way to identify and help those who go through this sort of abuse, pain and depression. Sad really, but not just for him - for everyone who experiences this sort of abuse he experienced when a child.

Archived