Signed: Tom Lawrence - Undisclosed fee, long term contract

RamsFan10

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Say we pay 8 million for Lawrence, even if he flops, the way the prices are going, we would still manage to get the majority of our money back.

The problem for me is not the price of 8 million for Lawrence, because it's just ridiculously overinflated price in today's football transfer world, but it's about 50 million spent on: Butterfield, Johnson, Blackman, Olsson, Camara, Vydra, Anya, Shackell (+ salaries and agent fees for: Bent, Weimann, Pearce, Baird etc.). That's the real problem. Paul Clement is not a good football manager and even more he was a clueless buyer of players. Nigel Pearson is a completely different personality;  he is an ostrich.

Do Leicester want to sell him or don't they? If they do want to sell him how much do they want? If Derby can't afford it or don't want to pay it move on. Rowett has sold last year's top goal scorer and failed to replace him. In fact we only have two wingers at the club because he got rid of the other two. The season starts on Friday 4 August and he still hasn't secured his top target. I'm concerned.

16 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Yes we've spent a lot of money but a lot of it was wasted towards the end of the transfer window because we tried to be too clever by getting players for cheaper. We will end up with David Cotterrill for 5 million of deadline day guaranteed because we were wasting too much time trying to get a cheaper deal for Lawrence.

A lot of people are stuck in the past with transfer window prices and I worry that Rowett is too. If you want good players then you will need to pay telephone prices. We live in a world where an 18 year old costs 160 million pounds, yes 160 million. Prices will continue to inflate more and more in the future. Say we pay 8 million for Lawrence, even if he flops, the way the prices are going, we would still manage to get the majority of our money back.

Interesting thought ,, so we should have no probs getting most of our money back on , vydra , Blackman,anya,butterfield and Johnson then?

2 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

You don't rate them? I'd swap any of our team for each of them 

Yeah I do and I'd happily swap anyone for each of them too. 

But you're looking at least £25 million for them 2.

Burnley might sell Gray. But Newcastle wouldn't sell Ritchie. 

Archived